Second Skin Audio

American Bass?

jessdabest77

Just by your answers to other's questions I highly doubt you've built everything. Mainly because if you did, you wouldn't be asking all the questions you are. No size of subwoofer is more ideal to another. The only thing to size, is the same as a regular ported enclosure. Get the most cone area you can in the space you have. Also, a suggestion. Learn what Efficiency Bandwidth Product is. You take the Qes and divid it into the Fs of a driver. Depending on the number you get will show what enclosure is ideal for that individual speaker. 0-50, Sealed is highly preferred. 50-100, The speaker will work well in both ported and sealed. If it's 100+, then it is highly preferred to use a ported enclosure. Just by checking the American Bass site, I was able to come up with this information as far as EBP on al the XFL subs.

XFL 1022 64.9

XFL 1044 72.5

XFL 1222 68.6

XFL 1244 67.6

XFL 1544 56.0

So with that information right there. The XFL 1544 is your best bet when choosing between only those, to fit idealy to a 4th order bandpass enclosure. If you used either of the 12's they would work well also. Also if you really want to try 4th orders, be prepared to rebuild and retune. Some people get lucky and on the first build it sounds nice enough to the to stick with. But I see more often than not once built, it doesn't meet their standards and they must redesign aspects of the box, sometimes more than once. To get what they want out of the box.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Just by your answers to other's questions I highly doubt you've built everything. Mainly because if you did, you wouldn't be asking all the questions you are. No size of subwoofer is more ideal to another. The only thing to size, is the same as a regular ported enclosure. Get the most cone area you can in the space you have. Also, a suggestion. Learn what Efficiency Bandwidth Product is. You take the Qes and divid it into the Fs of a driver. Depending on the number you get will show what enclosure is ideal for that individual speaker. 0-50, Sealed is highly preferred. 50-100, The speaker will work well in both ported and sealed. If it's 100+, then it is highly preferred to use a ported enclosure. Just by checking the American Bass site, I was able to come up with this information as far as EBP on al the XFL subs.

XFL 1022 64.9

XFL 1044 72.5

XFL 1222 68.6

XFL 1244 67.6

XFL 1544 56.0

So with that information right there. The XFL 1544 is your best bet when choosing between only those, to fit idealy to a 4th order bandpass enclosure. If you used either of the 12's they would work well also. Also if you really want to try 4th orders, be prepared to rebuild and retune. Some people get lucky and on the first build it sounds nice enough to the to stick with. But I see more often than not once built, it doesn't meet their standards and they must redesign aspects of the box, sometimes more than once. To get what they want out of the box.

:+1:

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

Archived