Second Skin Audio

Opinions, suggestions for single 12 Ethos design

EddieC

I'm on my phone so hopefully I can get this to work. Here is the enclosure unassembled. You can see that the sub cutouts are the same. I figure that will be stronger than flush mounting. You can also see the 45s I had done.

https://instagram.com/p/z0jRpkK3NA/

This is how the 45s will look in the corners. Was planning on doing the 2 in the port and the 2 in front of the inner port wall. Trying to lose as little space as possible.https://instagram.com/p/0WGvhWq3CU/

If I do need to use dowels, do they need to go through the port, or will stopping at the inner port wall be sufficient? I don't have the necessary tools for that and will have to get the shop to make those cuts if needed. I'm just concerned that they won't get everything aligned perfectly. Would be easier getting 2 pieces aligned rather than 3.

A flush mount is not really what I was suggesting but the sub being mounted in the top layer, in fact, the sub being in the top layer was accounted for to keep proper motor -port wall clearance. On the bracing here's what I'd do:

dss12.jpg

If you would like to do anything differently let me know.

Gotcha on the motor clearance. Hard to tell on this phone (only internet I have access to right now) , but is that using a 1" dowel from inner to outer port wall... mid-hieght? Will using a 1" square from the mdf work or should it be round to help with air flow? (unsure if it matters...sorry, still learning.) Heck I guess turning a square piece into a diamond shape would have the same effect. Also, is it necessary to make recesses in the boards for the braces as I've heard or is exact height screwed and glued in good enough? Thanks again for all your help man. Greatly appreciated.

Current install:

Pioneer DEH-X8600BH HU

AQ200.2 front stage amp

Q1-2200.1 sub amp

2 12" SSA DCON subs in 4cu ported tuned to 32 Hz

Image Dynamics CTX65 drivers

Image Dynamics XS28 tweeters

Kicker DS40 dash speakers

KnuConcepts 4 gauge wiring for AQ200.2

1/0 OFC big 3 and rear battery/sub amp runs

220 amp HO alt from Js Ultimate Alts

Second Skin Damplifier Pro deadening

Optima Yellow Top Group 34 / 78 under hood

Die Hard Platinum Group 31 marine in rear

Stinger voltmeter

It would be easier to find something round or you could do a 3/4" MDF brace along the center.

Sounds good. Gonna do (2) 3" pieces of 1" dowel. Thanks for all the help man. Time to build this thing and get it bumpin!

Current install:

Pioneer DEH-X8600BH HU

AQ200.2 front stage amp

Q1-2200.1 sub amp

2 12" SSA DCON subs in 4cu ported tuned to 32 Hz

Image Dynamics CTX65 drivers

Image Dynamics XS28 tweeters

Kicker DS40 dash speakers

KnuConcepts 4 gauge wiring for AQ200.2

1/0 OFC big 3 and rear battery/sub amp runs

220 amp HO alt from Js Ultimate Alts

Second Skin Damplifier Pro deadening