BIG_KNOCKS Posted February 15, 2015 Report Posted February 15, 2015 I have 4 DC LEVEL 3 18'S that I will be using powered by a DC 5K @14.4. I like to build a bandpass for them. I know I know it's going to be a enclosure big enough to house a rhino but one thing about it I do have the room lol... 16 cubes , 48 cubes right? Any advice for a old school bass junky lol which one will be my best option
ToNasty Posted February 15, 2015 Report Posted February 15, 2015 a 4th order with 4 18s will be (i think) around 30 ish cubes if not even bigger. why do you want bandpass anyway? You one of the people that think they are magic? ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
CleanSierra Posted February 15, 2015 Report Posted February 15, 2015 Why are you wanting a 4th or 6th order bandpass? Is it because they're cool and "in" right now? If you don't have the knowledge to design, pay someone like RamDesigns to get you one. Getting a design here on the forum won't likely yield great results. Too many variables to even guess if the design would work or not. I would NOT be using a 4th order bandpass in my build if I had the option to build a normal vented enclosure. My blowthrough doesn't give me THAT option. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
BIG_KNOCKS Posted February 16, 2015 Author Report Posted February 16, 2015 a 4th order with 4 18s will be (i think) around 30 ish cubes if not even bigger. why do you want bandpass anyway? You one of the people that think they are magic?It's not about magic my friend just having some fun lol
BIG_KNOCKS Posted February 16, 2015 Author Report Posted February 16, 2015 Why are you wanting a 4th or 6th order bandpass? Is it because they're cool and "in" right now? If you don't have the knowledge to design, pay someone like RamDesigns to get you one. Getting a design here on the forum won't likely yield great results. Too many variables to even guess if the design would work or not. I would NOT be using a 4th order bandpass in my build if I had the option to build a normal vented enclosure. My blowthrough doesn't give me THAT option. thank you for your advice I do have a friend that can help me out with the build I was just reaching out for some different opinions
ToNasty Posted February 16, 2015 Report Posted February 16, 2015 a 6th order is going to be monsterous and if you dont know what youre doing it wont work right. Find a good designer for a 4th order and you should be ok but i say try them ported first ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Triticum Agricolam Posted February 16, 2015 Report Posted February 16, 2015 It's not about magic my friend just having some fun lol If you want to build a bandpass box for something different that's understandable. The reason you are getting some skeptical comments is because 98% of the time a regular ported box is going to give you better performance and use less space. If you aren't after max performance and just want to build one because that's what you want to do and want a challenge then I say go have fun with it. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
BIG_KNOCKS Posted February 16, 2015 Author Report Posted February 16, 2015 a 6th order is going to be monsterous and if you dont know what youre doing it wont work right. Find a good designer for a 4th order and you should be ok but i say try them ported first thank you bro
BIG_KNOCKS Posted February 16, 2015 Author Report Posted February 16, 2015 It's not about magic my friend just having some fun lolIf you want to build a bandpass box for something different that's understandable. The reason you are getting some skeptical comments is because 98% of the time a regular ported box is going to give you better performance and use less space. If you aren't after max performance and just want to build one because that's what you want to do and want a challenge then I say go have fun with it. I'm using a pair of them in a ported common chamber 12 cubes net tuned@ 30 hrtz and it and it's a beast I just got a Yukon and decided go big lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.