optima yellowtop

Reserve isn't bad OP, it's good to have. And at that price I don't think anyone blames you. All we are saying is no 12V battery is going to help you stay at 14ish volts.

your questions have been already answered above. the only thing that was left out,is your alternator is pcm controlled . it doesn't matter what you do, your voltage is gonna stink unless you go externally regulated on the alt, or mla module.

07 chevy escalade alternator is pcm controlled. if you put in a 250 amp alternator,and wire to stock plug it won't make much difference. Do some research on it,so you can understand what your getting into.

07 chevy escalade alternator is pcm controlled. if you put in a 250 amp alternator,and wire to stock plug it won't make much difference. Do some research on it,so you can understand what your getting into.

What if the ecu is part pcm part something else I forget but singer alts said mine is both and I cant remember but im worried it won't make a difference

What if the ecu is part pcm part something else I forget but singer alts said mine is both and I cant remember but im worried it won't make a difference

When you hook up an alternator to your stock wiring harness,your vehicles computer will only let it charge at what it wants,not what your system wants. if you buy a 370 amp alternator it will perform just like the stock alternator, maybe a hair better but no were near its potential.

When you hook up an alternator to your stock wiring harness,your vehicles computer will only let it charge at what it wants,not what your system wants. if you buy a 370 amp alternator it will perform just like the stock alternator, maybe a hair better but no were near its potential.

I thought I was told by singer that I dont use the stock harness and all id need to do is run a power wire from alt to battery and my battery light will stay on. But I dont understand how the car will perform normal without the harness

Archived