optima yellowtop

Hey guys I need some opinions on these batteries. I have a buddy of mine that can get me group 34 optima yellow tops from his job for $80.

Ive heard a few people say they don't think they are that good but at that price brand new with warranty its hard to pass up. right now I only have a stock 160 alt in a 2007 escalade(plan on changing it to a 250) and I know my amp draw will be about 350 amps. im not looking to burp its a daily driver and I just want the voltage to stay around 13.5-13.8. If you would get them give me an idea I may can get away with

your voltage will not stay at 13.8 or even 13.0 no matter what battery brand or the number of them.. you have 350a draw and only 160a alternator. batteries dont make power they just store it

even if you get a 250a alternator your voltage will hurt with a 350a draw.. what amp are you running and why do you think you will draw 350a?

Thats pushing it on an OEM alt.

Yellow tops aren't too bad, but they aren't the best. At $80 a piece how many do you have in your budget? I would take that cash and buy a good alternator. Make sure you do your big 3, and do it right.

your voltage will not stay at 13.8 or even 13.0 no matter what battery brand or the number of them.. you have 350a draw and only 160a alternator. batteries dont make power they just store it

even if you get a 250a alternator your voltage will hurt with a 350a draw.. what amp are you running and why do you think you will draw 350a?

perfectly said..

adding 12v bat's wont RAISE your voltage... nor will adding more runs......

well done..

Archived