Hydralic crimper?

if you want to save money you can go to home depot and buy copper piping. cut them to length. smash on end on a vice and drill a hole in the middle for the bolt. grind the squared edges to a round finish and youre done

I think you can use the crimp tool with ring terminals that have split on them. I've used this tool with 0 awg ring terminals (DB Link - RT020GR) and 0 awg cables (DB Link - StrandFlex) and the connection feels solid and looks okay. Here's a picture of the crimps I've made with "70" and "50" size crimps. I ended up using two crimps per terminal.

IMAG1642-2_zps2cc193c7.jpg

if you want to save money you can go to home depot and buy copper piping. cut them to length. smash on end on a vice and drill a hole in the middle for the bolt. grind the squared edges to a round finish and youre done

Really nice idea, haven't seen that done before, but it sounds simple enough.

Really nice idea, haven't seen that done before, but it sounds simple enough.

I think you can use the crimp tool with ring terminals that have split on them. I've used this tool with 0 awg ring terminals (DB Link - RT020GR) and 0 awg cables (DB Link - StrandFlex) and the connection feels solid and looks okay. Here's a picture of the crimps I've made with "70" and "50" size crimps. I ended up using two crimps per terminal.

IMAG1642-2_zps2cc193c7.jpg

please solder that thing. even if it looks good dont mean it is. solder will keep the elements out of your wire. a few months like that and the wire will be corroded

Archived