Well guys, the point of the analogy, is this. Take the condom, Ahmed drives the point home perfectly. Thank you Ahmed.

Don't know her?, wrap it up, because even if she tells you she is clean, the condom offers a level of protection and decreases the chances of "What IF she does have something and gives it to me". In this instance, the benefit of wearing one is apparent. So you are in direct benefit of this action so people do not have a problem following this rule of thumb, even in the face of less sensation vs. al-natural.

Now let's go back to the question of the thread. Someone is definitely benefiting from this road block. Remember I'm an ER Nurse and work directly with COPS all the time. Trust me when I tell you they ALWAYS arrest a few people for minor to major things.

Yes, they slow down traffic, yes they may entrap you, but someone down the line......the guy that drives past you.....will benefit from seeing you get a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt and will always wear his. Of the girl that drove with a suspended license may stop driving the car til she gets her license back or risk going to jail. This is far from a perfect world. It's about benefiting.

I'm not bashing you IH8, trust me I hate road blocks, and check points as well. But I can tell you have something on your mind, something that bugs you about this..... it steams from not benefiting from it directly.

-Frank

Strangeduck, here's one for you. Yes analogies work. I had a hilarious conversation with Devin a few months ago.

Lisa's daughter Devin made the comment "I hate cops". She said if a few times, so I asked her why?

Here's the conversation

Me:"Why do you hate cops?"

Devin:"I just do"

Me:"Why, what is it about cops that makes you hate them?"

Devin:"I don't know"

Me:"Than if you don't know why you hate them, why hate them?"

She said something like

Devin:"Because they say stuff to you, that makes you mad. They think they are god with their badges" (again, something like that)

Me:"Ah ha, I think I know why you don't like them. Let me ask you something, do you view your mother an authority figure?"

Devin:"Yes"

Me: "If you talk back to her or do something wrong, do you always get in trouble?"

Devin----she remained silent---

Me:"If you talk back to the cop, is there a chance you get in trouble?"

Devin: "Yeah"

Me:"See Devin, you do not like authority. Your mother and the cops are both authority figures.

The fact that you get away with things with your mother and not the cops, is a loss of control,

over the repercussions of your actions. You can't talk back to a cop without the threat of getting in trouble,like you can with your mother.

That is what you don't like. If you could talk back to them and not get trouble, you would not hate them".

After on that night Lisa thanked me for the talk with her daughter. Calling her an "Authority figure" because Devin was getting alittle out of line. But

some of that is normal at 16. It may be psycho babble, but it's true. There's reasons why we hate things, that may not be the most obvious.

-Frank

I'm not bashing you IH8, trust me I hate road blocks, and check points as well. But I can tell you have something on your mind, something that bugs you about this..... it steams from not benefiting from it directly.

-Frank

What bugs me is the disparity between arguments. Logic, when applied to the situation, fails to provide a clear answer.

Follow me here.

Watch a video on youtube where a person "exercises their rights" and gets in trouble for it. Then read the comments.

There are two so distinctly different sides, logic does not apply, it has become a team sport.

One has the tone of "If I was the cop I would have pulled your ass out of the car and beat you senseless for being such a prick"

The other side has the tone of "Greedy fucking pigs just trying to get money. Sure backed down when you blah blah blah"

But then there is also a third that I cannot classify to either side "All you had to do was comply, is that so hard???"

The struggle I have is where would I end up in the conversation had I been in one of these situations or at a checkpoint where I feel I do not need to stop as I have the right to travel freely

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Like I said, great topic to debate.

When I find out that a patient has been married to someone for 50 yrs, I always ask "What's the secret?".

The husband always says "Just agree, it's not worth the argument". I have heard this time and time again.

It's true, somethings are just not work fighting over.

I've also read in the nursing magazines, about nurses having trouble with their immediate supervisors.

I used to think when the editor wrote "It's not her action that needs to change, it's the way YOU respond to her actions" she was soooo full of sh*t. That was my thinking in my 30's.

Now in my 40's, it's true. "It's not the cops that need to change. It's the way you respond to them". Change your response, and how you react to them, it goes along way.

They are cops, you are the citizen.

PUT your hand IN the flame, and you're going to get burnt. PASS you hand THROUGH the flame, and you don't.

Yes, you have rights, but to argue that they were violated. Who cares? The stop takes 3 min. out of you life. But to erupt in dialogue to prove your point makes extends it to 10-15 min while you guys debate it. AND YOU"RE STILL STOPPED. Now, you could have been on your way, and now you're not because you choose to argue your point. lol. YOU HAVE TO SEE THE LOGIC IN THIS.

I see your frustration IH8, but sometimes there comes a time, that you just have to do the uncommon thing and just let things go, so you can go on your way.

-Frank

Oh, and I have seen the Youtube videos. Pretty good stuff. We spoke to the deputies on work, and they said you can exercise your right, but do it nicely and professionally. Basically, saying it, but not saying it directly, be kind and they will be kind. If they push you into entrapped position, it's only because you pushed their buttons first.

Thus, change your response and they will so in return. You can't have it both ways. Be rude to them, and get off scott free.

REMEMBER, they are people too. Give them shit, and they will give it right back to you.

-Frank

When I was in elementary school I remember them giving me some instructions on what to do during an encounter

The instructions were to

1. be calm

2. don't make any sudden movements

3. give them what they want

You know what encounter they were referring to? Being mugged. It is strange how similar the cops wish you would act.

As for the who cares? part.. sure checkpoints aren't that big of an issue by itself. The issue at hand here is that they exist at all. It is so similar to a toddler walking to a cookie jar, testing the waters. How far can I get before shit hits the fan.

It always starts small. Required insurance, speed limits, for your safety and the safety of others

Then it grows. Seat belt laws, checkpoints, we know better than you

Then it continues to grow. Illegal search and seizures, planted evidence, you broke the law now you must pay

And then in the end what happens? Big Brother

Always being watched, but who cares right? If you have nothing to hide you will be ok. Just give them what they want. Sure now I don't have anything... but at least I'm not in jail, right?

The problem is not what is but rather what it is becoming

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Also that be nice argument is bullshit. They are a public servant. When I worked in a grocery store I got yelled at and berated constantly and you know what? I dealt with it. I took it. I never got back at the customers because it was my job and at the end of the day they paid my checks

Same deal

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Yes, lets violate everyone's rights cause its good for us.

If we are using analogies then here is one for you.

What if the cops came to your house and said "due to the rise in meth labs in the area we will be conducting searches of peoples homes. It's ok cause we search everyones home"

Like I said, great topic to debate.

When I find out that a patient has been married to someone for 50 yrs, I always ask "What's the secret?".

The husband always says "Just agree, it's not worth the argument". I have heard this time and time again.

It's true, somethings are just not work fighting over.

I've also read in the nursing magazines, about nurses having trouble with their immediate supervisors.

I used to think when the editor wrote "It's not her action that needs to change, it's the way YOU respond to her actions" she was soooo full of sh*t. That was my thinking in my 30's.

Now in my 40's, it's true. "It's not the cops that need to change. It's the way you respond to them". Change your response, and how you react to them, it goes along way.

They are cops, you are the citizen.

PUT your hand IN the flame, and you're going to get burnt. PASS you hand THROUGH the flame, and you don't.

Yes, you have rights, but to argue that they were violated. Who cares? The stop takes 3 min. out of you life. But to erupt in dialogue to prove your point makes extends it to 10-15 min while you guys debate it. AND YOU"RE STILL STOPPED. Now, you could have been on your way, and now you're not because you choose to argue your point. lol. YOU HAVE TO SEE THE LOGIC IN THIS.

I see your frustration IH8, but sometimes there comes a time, that you just have to do the uncommon thing and just let things go, so you can go on your way.

-Frank

Just to clear this up, not that it actually changes anything, but cops are citizens as well. No differentiation there.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived