LoudMS3's 2x12's Kerfport box, 3.5k

Got everything taken back out of the car in anticipation for the arrival of my batteries tomorrow. Mocked up my amp mounting brackets on the back of the seats. These are going over top of the seat cover and I will be having these bars powdercoated.

14258523646701_zpsj1dxhxeq.jpg

Got my batteries in last night but didn't finish up until around 1am so I couldn't demo it. Stuck the box in today and played around a little bit, its stupid loud. I was hoping to find someone close to me that might have a DD-1 and help me set my gains but no such luck, guess I'll just have to buy one. I plan to attend my first show with this setup on March 29 in Columbus, OH at MECA.

Even with 3 batteries I was able to get the voltage to drop to 12.4 on the right song so pretty sure an HO alt and another run of 1/0 is going to be in order.

20150310_001944_zpsqi84oma9.jpg

20150309_193549_zpssbqikbsu.jpg

20150303_181947_zps9zb5uqg0.jpg

The car didn't really drop all that far considering how much weight I added. However it is on stiffer lower springs and BIlstein shocks.

20150310_185315_zpsjxzbd2pa.jpg

Nice man, get some videos up. :lol:

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Got to go out to a remote park after work today and hammer on it. Noticed a couple things one of which may just be me but it sounds like there is an excessive amount of wind noise in the port. However being my first larger build this may just be normal but its one of the things that stood out to me.

My gain is only at 50-60% with the bass boost on 0 and I'm still getting some good voltage drop on the high end so its I think its clear I need to get in gear on my big 3 (which is currently factory grounds and one 1/0g to the body) and/or a bigger alternator.

After a little bit of torture I got a slight smell from the box so I back pedaled it. I purchased these woofers second hand and they were not heavily used when I got them so I'm gonna continue daily break in for another week or two.

Was planning to upload a couple videos but my camera was dead so I'll try again later. :P

• 2 weeks later...

So I've had some play time so far and I'm loving it.The noise I was hearing in an air leak where the top was put on the box, I'll be removing the subs to finish the box soon and I'm gonna reinforce it with fiberglass and seal up any possible leaks. I took this video and in person you cant tell that there is a difference between the subs but I'm pretty sure its because one is newer than the other one and not broken in as much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufju1V8c0YA&feature=youtu.be

So I got the car metered today....did a 143.3 at the headrest. Not to happy with this however it was also at 50hz. Any ideas why I'm peaking so high?

The voltage does not wanna stay very high it drops quite a bit for me having 3 batteries. This stock 90amp alternator has to go, the voltage is constantly at mid 13's because of the stock voltage regulation.

It sucks to say I spent twice as much on a system that is 3db quieter at the same frequency.

Archived