Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Enclosure help zv4 15


catch 22

Recommended Posts

Posted

Looking for some help with a box design for my zv4 15d2 with nsv2 coil. My iPhone 4 is my only Internet source and it won't let me dwnload Torres. anyways, max external dimensions are 45w x 17d x 24h. Mainly listen to rap and just want to get loud on music. I don't like decaf music(gets old to me.) Not sure what sub port config would be best.Looking for a solid design with a single aero port. I can PayPal a payment if thts wat it takes. Not exactly expecting anyone to come up with a badass design for free. Any help is appreciated thanx. Oh and it's in the ext cab of an s10

Posted

Hmm. Maybe I should have asked, do u Guys know of any vendors on here who can create and sell box designs?

Posted

Here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 3/8", figure is just an assembly guide:

zv415.jpg

1x15_SUPS.jpg

Posted

Thanx joe x. I forgot to add, I will be running this on a SCV 3000. Would this change anything? And what did u use for the bracing?

Posted

1 1/4" wooden dowel rods for bracing, round the inner edges of both port ends, unless you don't use your subsonic filter it should hold on that power mechanically based on the data I have. Also you need to be sure you don't have any leaks, you may want to submit the box to Sundown for approval for use on your power. Thermal failure can still happen so make sure you have everything right.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9171 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...