Financial Mistake--Team Droppin' Hz--'10 Taurus Trunk Wall--Oval box COMPLETED--Video added (5/30/16)--DC Audio, PRV, Crescendo

did you heat up the lens and pry apart after the glue got soft or does the lens come apart with screws? or a combo of both?

might be fun to pry mine apart and paint them white to match the color of my car.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Looks good, now polish the lens!

It has Lamin-X tint over the lense. The car also wasn't clean. I have yet to be able to get it clean since I got the headlights done.

did you heat up the lens and pry apart after the glue got soft or does the lens come apart with screws? or a combo of both?

might be fun to pry mine apart and paint them white to match the color of my car.

There is one small 5mm screw in the corner. The rest is heat and pry. 250 degrees for 25mins should make it extremely easy to take apart. Once you get the seal broke it comes apart pretty easily. Once you get the lens off there about 6 torx head screws that hold the chrome housing to the lens. Take those out and you are pretty well set.

So unknown to me, my Mechman was scheduled to come in yesterday. Talk about a pleasant surprise. Luckily enough I was outside cleaning my car when FedEx showed up because I had to sign for it.

20160624_123958.jpg

20160624_124206.jpg

20160624_124440.jpg

Unfortunately my day was completely packed so installation had to wait til about 9pm. I can't say it was a difficult install, but it definitely wasn't fun considering the engine was still hot from driving to the garage.

Snapchat-5778566950429831573.jpg

Took me right at 2 hours to uninstall and then install the new Mechman. Now here is my issue, I'm not seeing any improvement since the install. Voltage under load is still the same. The problem is believed to be that my PCM is regulating the amperage. It is not externally regulated because I didn't think about it when I ordered it. Doing some research online on a Taurus forum, I read that you can clip the ground wire to the alternator from the PCM and then ground it else where to bypass the PCM. Has anyone done this or heard of this being done? I really don't want to cut into the harness on my car unless I know it's going to work like it's suppose to.

wouldnt mechman know the answer to this question prior to selling you an alternator for your car?

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

wouldnt mechman know the answer to this question prior to selling you an alternator for your car?

We'll that's kinda what I thought too. I sent them an email Saturday so obviously I'm waiting on a reply back. It's sounding like I'm gonna have to send it back though. It's either gonna have to be single wire excite or externally regulated. Hope we can work something out. Really pretty bummed about it.

Well this is the straw that broke the camel's back. My 360.3 is flaking out now. I'm done. Not even gonna try and have the alt fixed. Just gonna send it back. Have to have the money from the alt to replace the 360. I quit.

:cray:

quit as in selling everything?

I was awfully close. I have a new PPI DSP-88R on the way, Won't be here til Wednesday. I'm currently without any audio at all because the 360 is completely shot. I will be sending the alternator in to have the external regulation mod done. That's gonna cost me $42.50 plus shipping there and then on top of that I will have to order the regulator which is another $95. The PPI ran me another $200.

Called and talked to Rockford about the 360. A flat rate repair charge on that unit is $260. Not under warranty because I purchased it off eBay. Still debating on sending it in and having it repaired and then reselling it.

GOOD NEWS!!! I found the "issue" with my 360. It wasn't my 360 at all. If I had taken the time to actually look at it, it was telling me what the problem was...low voltage.

At the power plug...

Snapchat-4824974386675154864.jpg

At the TS3.5...

Snapchat-2163899741292572841.jpg

And at the XP950...

20160706_170920.jpg

So apparently when the 360.3 sees less than 10v it freaks out and throws an error. It has a nice indicator light on the top of it that will flash when it sees a problem. Well when I had looked the first few times I didn't see the light flashing (blue/red). When it does that it means "low voltage". With that being said...

POP!!

received_10157198130725217.jpeg

This is what happens when you are running a 270a alternator and esentially a 5k amplifier versus a 150a fuse. Problem solved. CASE CLOSED.

This also could have been affecting my clamp score as well as my charging in the back with the new alternator.

Archived