Financial Mistake--Team Droppin' Hz--'10 Taurus Trunk Wall--Oval box COMPLETED--Video added (5/30/16)--DC Audio, PRV, Crescendo

Did a little tuning today and attempted to set up the delays on my speakers per an article I found online. I think it sounds pretty good as of right now. Haven't really got to listen to it much. Need to listen to a mixture of things to really get a feel for it. Sub stage wasn't even on.

• 6 months later...

So its been awhile, but audio season is right around the corner and its time to get started on some projects. 

GOALS FOR THIS YEAR:

• Rebuild new pillars.
    • I purchased a set of pillars out of a police interceptor Taurus where nothing changes besides an extra hole for where the spotlight goes through the A-pillar on the drivers side. This years pillars will be a set of McLaren MLT5s and a set of McLaren MLM-480s. Haven't set it in stone yet, but I'm planning on running them off the current 550.2 that is running my doors. 
  • Add more power to the doors
    • Currently running the doors, which are PRV neos in the front and Crescendo neos in the rear, off a Crescendo 550.2. Planning on changing to a NVX JAD800.4. to up the power to the doors. 
  • Add more reserve battery power
    • Current reserve power is just a XS XP950 which clearly is not enough for my current setup. Plan is to upgrade to a JY 23ah lithium. Original plan was to run D3400s, but the lithium route will be much easy on my car since the lithium only weighs about 10lbs. 
  • I will also be adding Air Lift helper bags to the rear. My car already doesn't like the weight in the ass end so these should help out tremendously. 

I need to get started as soon as I can because I would like to try and get everything done before the Puzzled show in Virginia. 

• 1 month later...

That's what i like to see, top of the page you ALMOST quit, now you got all kinds of goodies!! 

I am looking forward to your thoughts/reviews on that battery.  =)

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

1 hour ago, Karkov said:

That's what i like to see, top of the page you ALMOST quit, now you got all kinds of goodies!! 

I am looking forward to your thoughts/reviews on that battery.  =)

All I know for sure is that it will be much better than that little XP950. 

• 5 weeks later...

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE post pics. of those installed!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

So here they are. Kinda hard to tell a difference in the pictures. They don't do them justice.

20170408_154118.jpg

20170408_153847.jpg

20170408_153824.jpg

I'm not 100% happy with the way the spoke faces turned out. I have some vinyl on the way that I'm going to attempt to wrap the faces with. Planning on changing the car up a little bit this year. Car can only stay the same so long although it does look sinister like it is. 

Archived