Financial Mistake--Team Droppin' Hz--'10 Taurus Trunk Wall--Oval box COMPLETED--Video added (5/30/16)--DC Audio, PRV, Crescendo

Both videos are the same.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Ordered and installed a new trunk light on Saturday. Before I had a cheap LED strip stuck to the trim panel at the trunk opening and it just wasn't cutting it. Some of the LEDs were on the fritz and it wasn't sticking very well so I finally got fed up with it and bought this:

0418151345.jpg

We had lights similar to these are work so I already knew how bright they were. This is actually the 12v version. They also have a 24v version, which is the one we use at work. This came from SuperBrightLEDs. Ran me $20,but I don't have to worry about it burning out or it not being bright enough.

I cut and spliced directly into the existing harness for the stock trunk light and then stuck it to the carpeting on the top of the trunk and ran the wire through a slit to help hide it.

0418151409.jpg

0420150354a.jpg

So yesterday I got some more goodies in from my good friends at Droppin' Hz Car Audio.

0425151302.jpg

0425151302a.jpg

So with this stuff coming in I decided to go out and start to rearrange my amp rack. The previous one was working but wasn't quite big enough because I had to add the SSI to the mix. Here's the layout I ended up with:

0425151331.jpg

This is how I spent my day. Not very many people can say that they can comfortably fit in their trunk and lounge around, because that's exactly what I did.

0425151559.jpg

I actually took my time this time around and made sure all my wires were organized and it looked pretty clean behind the board reguardless of weather it will be seen or not. This is where the Droppin' HZ goodies came in. The ToolMaker 4g to 4g inputs are probably the best money I have spent in a while. These things help clean the wiring up so much and make it look so much more professional rather than a amateur doing it. However I did have to cut down the diameter on one set because they wouldn't fit in the Crescendo amp.

Negative runs

0425151620.jpg

Positive runs

0425151619.jpg

And then the speaker runs

0425151418.jpg

Here's the end result. Still not in its final home yet. Trying to figure out exactly how I'm gonna mount it. Think I'm gonna nix my dow rod idea and go the pipe route. Menards has small sections of pipe I can buy and then buy floor mounts for each side. Then I can PL glue one side to the sheet metal of the car and then bolt the other side to the amp rack. If I do this in a couple places it should be sturdy enough.

0425151744a.jpg

I've decided that I'm going to attempt to try and install a second HU. Considering the fact that I can't remove the stock headunit because I will lose my HVAC conrols and navigation, I'm going to try and tap into the stock speaker wiring at the stock headunit and then go to the aftermarket headunit. A buddy of mine has a spare kenwood HU that I'm going to use for testing purposes. If I can get it to work correctly I'm going to be buying a 80PRS. I think with installing a upgraded HU it will really make my system come alive and let me have more control over whats going on.

So I bit the bullet yesterday and bought my 80PRS and a PAC ControlPro SWI-CP5. Ordered them from Sonic Electronix and they will be here today. Next day shipping. I'm pretty impressed.

I also borrowed a buddy's cheap Kenwood deck that he had laying around and built me a box to house the 80PRS in. Had originally planned on put it in the center console, but unfortunately its barely not wide enough and not deep enough. Now the plan is to just take this box that I've built and mount it to the side of the center console right in front of the driver's seat. This will allow me to move it if necessary and it won't hinder the car in any way.

0505152018a.jpg

Got this beauty on my door step today.

0507151507a.jpg

Trying to get my box all finished up. Resined the outside of it, sanded it down and laid some filler over the top of it. It's almost ready to spray with some paint. I had originally planned on wrapping it in some leather I had laying around, but that didn't work out as I wanted it to so I switched to plan B. I'll spray it the body color of the car and then clear coat it.

Tuned in! Great job so far man, let me know how installing that second HU goes. I have a 2014 Dart with the upgraded Alpine system and am also interested in installing a second HU because my main controls AC as well.

Bass head in training. Trying to learn everything I can.

2014 Dodge Dart GT

Synergy Audio WFO 15.1 V2 (Prototype)

Sundown X12

Well 80PRS is in and playing. Was not a fun task. Still need to pull everything back apart and try and get the PAC controller wired up. I was running out of time and just wanted to get it playing. Having issues with the Velcro sticking to the center console so I may have to explore a different route. Box still needs to be finished up as well so its not completely finished. Would like to pull the front seats back out and make sure all my wiring is hidden correctly. My new SHCA RCAs should be here in the morning. May take the time Friday and pull everything out and get everything buttoned up. I can tell a huge difference between running on the CleanSweep and the headunit and the 80PRS.

Archived