Financial Mistake--Team Droppin' Hz--'10 Taurus Trunk Wall--Oval box COMPLETED--Video added (5/30/16)--DC Audio, PRV, Crescendo

ok so I will attemp to explain. the head unit in our cars does not have the dsp and eq built in it the amplifier does, the sony head unit just sends an ultra clean unclipped full range signal to the amp. there are no channels on the amplifer that are completely full range. not even the sub will play 20hz, your only hope for a true clean unadulterated signal is to tap those wires. it would be super easy to try and to fix if you dont like. The volume on the sony isnt really a traditional volume, it just signals the amplifier to get louder or lower not the actual signal coming from the head unit.. basically it digitally turns the amp gain up and down, when you increase the volume too loud the amp automatically puts digittal bass blockers so you wont blow your stock speakers. they also add eq's to all the speakers. the stock system actually doesnt sound too bad, I changed my door speakers to aftermarket and it sounded like shit, So I dug deep into the forums and found out this little gem!

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

no all channels on the amp are crossovered or a digital gate was put on them. I know you built that badass harness but you really would be selling yourself short not to tap into that unfiltered pure clean signal, basically you are going to get a signal that has been only D/A once, if it runs through the amp and you use the amps outputs then its going to A/D back to D/A.. and then once again A/D into your 360 and back to D/A... I hope you follow that. if not I can always call you. sometimes its easier to talk

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

If you have no issues using a separate vol knob from the steering wheel + main vol knob in the center console, that is the best way to do it and retain the stock headunit.

Infact you may be able to get a steering wheel controls kit and hack that into whatever vol control you come up with as well but I haven't looked into that yet at all.

no all channels on the amp are crossovered or a digital gate was put on them. I know you built that badass harness but you really would be selling yourself short not to tap into that unfiltered pure clean signal, basically you are going to get a signal that has been only D/A once, if it runs through the amp and you use the amps outputs then its going to A/D back to D/A.. and then once again A/D into your 360 and back to D/A... I hope you follow that. if not I can always call you. sometimes its easier to talk

lol you completely lost me

If you have no issues using a separate vol knob from the steering wheel + main vol knob in the center console, that is the best way to do it and retain the stock headunit.

Infact you may be able to get a steering wheel controls kit and hack that into whatever vol control you come up with as well but I haven't looked into that yet at all.

The whole idea of running the 3sixty.3 was to retain the factory system, meaning being able to use the factory steering wheel controls and headunit controls. Could you not just tap into the left +/- and right +/- at the ACM plug that plugs into the factory headunit?

yes you could tap them there but why run rca jacks 20 feet long when you have the wires back near the amp and you dont have to take the dash apart.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

the only radio control you lose is volume, everyother function will work. I understand your reasoning I guess, just remember you cant turn you head unit up to 75% or more, this is where those active filters start kicking in and start rolling off the bass. goodluck

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

When I check the stock dsp out w/ dd1+ on the front doors I can go upto the last large tick before it distorts. I just live with it there. I saw a great build from musicarnw on a 2013 SHO

http://musicarnw.com/2013-ford-taurus-sho/

And they just EQ'd out the factory stuff in a dsp and just tapped the fronts, I basically followed what they did. They spoke about it a little on another forum I can dig it up if you're interested. I figured if it's good enough for them, and they do AMAZING work, then it will be fine for me!

thats a cool install in the sho, I have never seen that one and always searching for sho stuff, good dig.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Archived