scooter99 Posted March 6, 2015 Report Posted March 6, 2015 Ok so I have a question that involves a pair of subs and directions. Say you have two subs right next to each other. By that I mean the rims are touching when they're screwed to the baffles. Now, that's on a flat surface. But, what if one was to take the surface, and angle it with the point being in the center and then have the motors almost touching, like an arrow pointing if you will. With the motors being so close together and angling towards each other, would that cause any major issues sound wise? I can do a few pictures tonight or tomorrow if anyone is confused by what I'm asking. But, Basically taking a flat surface _________ and making it angled like this /\ only not so much of an angle. It would be enough for the motors to be separated but they'd be pretty close to each other. Curious what you all think might happen, if anything. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
gckless Posted March 6, 2015 Report Posted March 6, 2015 I think that would actually cut down on internal standing waves. I.e., it'd be better. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
scooter99 Posted March 7, 2015 Author Report Posted March 7, 2015 That would be nice if it was better. I'll have to do some experimenting sometime soon and see how it goes. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Triticum Agricolam Posted March 7, 2015 Report Posted March 7, 2015 I don't see how it would have any negative impact. I say go for it. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.