Second Skin Audio

Need help choosing a decent set of 15s for around 2500rms sealed in 4.5ft

rob b.

Hows it going everyone, new to the forum. I'm looking for a set of 15" woofers to put in my truck, had a set of db drive k9s that blew up within the first song, junk. one of em is welded up solid, cant even move the cone. Before the k9s I had jbl p1222s, sounded like mud, before that I had idq12s which I loved, but not much power handling, eventualy blew em both on a planet rxd1000...

Anyways the setup is an 01 gmc diesel truck, single cab, fiberglass box with about 4.5ft of airspace shared, 2 145amp alts, 2 deka intimimator group 78, all 0 guage, orion xtrpro2400. I'm looking for something more efficient then the db drives, they just took too much juice to move, its not practical for a daily driver... I want decent sound quality, I dont like subs that cant stretch out to 120hz or so. mounting depth cant be any more then about 7.75".

So whats out there for around $600 new or used?

Except that box isn't big enough for two 15s. You also have a misconception of he differences a woofer size plays. Technology has improved a log way since he days of needi 15s to play low.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

It's a sealed box, and it's shared airspace... I haven't seen very many 15s that spec for much more then 2ft. The box is probably closer to 5ft it's not really possible to accurately measure as its molded to the truck. The db drives I had in it spec for 1.75ft and sounded really loose and didn't have much control below 35hz in that box.

Again, I'm looking for some woofers that do well in a sealed box. I don't want a pissing match about preference, I prefer large speakers, if you like smaller drivers in ported enclosures good for you.

good luck in your search because I can't see many people willing to help you now.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived