Jump to content

Help needed recovering Data from HardDrive


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a hard drive that I need to recover some Photos off of. I have had a hand full of people try and get my photos from my hard drive for me with no luck. Everyone seems to think it is possible, so there must be a way. If anyone is willing to help me out call me 916-412-1987. Much appreciated. My name is Jason.

Posted

The answer is it depends. How much time and money do you have because it's probably not going to be cheap or fast

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

N8 knows at least 1000 x's more about computers than I, but, can't you just remove the hard drive and put it in one of those cases that people use to make their own external storage drives? Or is it not that simple?

Just tossing ideas in to the pot.

Posted

Hats why I said it depends. Lots of circumstances. This is not a volunteer of services either. I have no time for that stuff right now

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Try taking the hard drive and putting in a computer with a know working copy of windows and see if you can access the one with the pictures on it that way.

Posted

take the harddrive to a real computer repair place, they can do it unless you microwaved the hardware.

but be prepared it is going to cost you more than $100.

Posted

Even a microwaved drive can be saved

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Is it spinning up when you plug it in? dead? do you have a USB kit? was it a boot drive? If it was you may have better luck plugging it into a linux distro or maybe even a mac

The L@zy Hoe

 

 

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

 

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

 

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

 
Posted

Even a microwaved drive can be saved

Word. I've never had to recover a Microwaved HDD but I know we have sent drives to Data Forensics companies and they can range in the $1000s for some stuff.

How bad do you want those photos is the question.

The L@zy Hoe

 

 

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

 

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

 

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

 
Posted

Look up and download prosoft's Data Rescue PC they should have a free trial. That will tell you what's recoverable then you can buy the full version. Is there clicking or anything with the drive?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 6115 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...