2007 Escalade build "The Basscalade"

i know 4 people that have used XFL 15"s and they all had slinkys to play with before they were 3 months old... my GF's cousin keeps claiming he does a 149 in a cobalt with a single 15" XFL..... he cant tell me what meter they used But he knows it is not a termlab.... I keep saying the meter is not reporting right... I see a lot of setups using 4 XFL 15"s and they do 149+... your electrical is way more beefed up than his mecman 270.... he keeps saying shit aint loud till 150+'s... I say wow this 18 year old kid knows nothing... you have one nice ass setup and trophy's to boot!

Thanks guys I appreciate it!!

When a I first started back in March I had one 220 iragg alternator and four batteries on Taramps hd 8k and 4 xfl's just hoping to break 150. First show I did a 151 sealed meter on dash. I was hooked!! I needed more!! Lol

Bass is almost like a drug

• 4 months later...

U guys seen the new VFL subs . I guess there starting there own line saw a 15 when I was picking up an amp and looked awesome

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

U guys seen the new VFL subs . I guess there starting there own line saw a 15 when I was picking up an amp and looked awesome

Yeah they look very nice!! Always will be a fan of American Bass

This has turned out interesting.

Did you ever get your engine noise figured out? If so what was it? Just as far as what I've learned and know and done, I always run my power and ground cables on one side of the vehicle, and RCA's and speaker wires down the opposite side. When at the amp rack, I've always tried to avoid the two touching, unless it's a crossing situation, vs a parallel situation. A few of the pictures I saw early on in the build I saw the RCA's running in the same holes as the power and grounds, and then running next to them. My first thought was that's where your problem was. I try to run my rca's and speaker wires on one side of the amps, and power and grounds down the other side. Anyway, just a little info.

Another thing to look at is if you have directional rca's or not. If you don't know, a directional RCA will only repel noise if it's running in the right direction, usually is running from the head unit out. Most of them will have an arrow on the rca end, if they are directional. I did this with stinger RCA's once, and it was a bad day! Had to remove them, cut all my zip ties, tape, wire looms, etc and basically rewire the whole thing. Just because of that little issue. But it introduced major noise in the system. Turned them around, turned it on, poof - noise was gone! That easily.

As far as 150's, you don't have to upgrade to get 150's. With your power, your equipment, and the subs you have, you should be hitting 150's easily. My guess is, you need to figure out what you're missing. It's not power, 3 alts and those batteries should be plenty of power for those 5500's.

What are you wired to on the subs? I think I saw on there 3.6 or something ohms. That's pretty high.

Where did you put deadener? Looking at videos your roof is doing a ton of waving at people as they walk by!

How close is your enclosure to the rear gate? Maybe you're choking it off by being too close. Maybe you're tuned too high on the enclosure.

You have a crossover in the line, that could be causing issues as well. With the amount of money you've spent, and having the alpine unit you have, I'd look into the Alpine H800 processor. I'm pretty sure it'll go directly to your Alpine Unit. May be a bit over your head as a beginner with adjustments and setting up etc, was/is mine still, but you'll learn the more you play with it.

Just some off the top of my head things to look at. I'm not picking it apart, by any means. For this being your first go round, you did very well, especially for the size of install you decided to go with. You'll learn as you go. Do things one at a time, so you can see where you got your gains at. Log that into your memory bank, and use it in the future.

Nice work! Keep it up and good luck on the 1-fiddy!

This has turned out interesting.

Did you ever get your engine noise figured out? If so what was it? Just as far as what I've learned and know and done, I always run my power and ground cables on one side of the vehicle, and RCA's and speaker wires down the opposite side. When at the amp rack, I've always tried to avoid the two touching, unless it's a crossing situation, vs a parallel situation. A few of the pictures I saw early on in the build I saw the RCA's running in the same holes as the power and grounds, and then running next to them. My first thought was that's where your problem was. I try to run my rca's and speaker wires on one side of the amps, and power and grounds down the other side. Anyway, just a little info.

Another thing to look at is if you have directional rca's or not. If you don't know, a directional RCA will only repel noise if it's running in the right direction, usually is running from the head unit out. Most of them will have an arrow on the rca end, if they are directional. I did this with stinger RCA's once, and it was a bad day! Had to remove them, cut all my zip ties, tape, wire looms, etc and basically rewire the whole thing. Just because of that little issue. But it introduced major noise in the system. Turned them around, turned it on, poof - noise was gone! That easily.

As far as 150's, you don't have to upgrade to get 150's. With your power, your equipment, and the subs you have, you should be hitting 150's easily. My guess is, you need to figure out what you're missing. It's not power, 3 alts and those batteries should be plenty of power for those 5500's.

What are you wired to on the subs? I think I saw on there 3.6 or something ohms. That's pretty high.

Where did you put deadener? Looking at videos your roof is doing a ton of waving at people as they walk by!

How close is your enclosure to the rear gate? Maybe you're choking it off by being too close. Maybe you're tuned too high on the enclosure.

You have a crossover in the line, that could be causing issues as well. With the amount of money you've spent, and having the alpine unit you have, I'd look into the Alpine H800 processor. I'm pretty sure it'll go directly to your Alpine Unit. May be a bit over your head as a beginner with adjustments and setting up etc, was/is mine still, but you'll learn the more you play with it.

Just some off the top of my head things to look at. I'm not picking it apart, by any means. For this being your first go round, you did very well, especially for the size of install you decided to go with. You'll learn as you go. Do things one at a time, so you can see where you got your gains at. Log that into your memory bank, and use it in the future.

Nice work! Keep it up and good luck on the 1-fiddy!

I have learn alot while doing this build. It's been amazing and people have been so helpful. Bass brings people together on another level. Lol

I couldn't find out were the engine noise was coming from. I move the rca's and ran them outside the vehicle then back in just to test. I also higher level rca's but no luck. Like now there is no sub stage in my truck nor batteries. But the noise is still there. I swap the radio and amp to test no luck. I think it's something with the perfect fit alpine data retention harness. I added a pac noise filter and grounded the radio chassis which helped alot!!

Also I reached a 151 sealed with the first system. 4 xlf 15's and a taramps 8k. Made my day!! With my last equipment I was doing a 53.8 sealed and 56 outlaw but like the typical basshead I want more. Lol

Silly question, have you contacted Alpine about it?

Also someone else mentioned in here, have you done isolated tests? removed the RCA's from the head unit? Turn on the amp, still there? If so, Remove the RCA's completely from the amp. Is it still there? Just other suggestions.

Congrats on the scores!

Silly question, have you contacted Alpine about it?

Also someone else mentioned in here, have you done isolated tests? removed the RCA's from the head unit? Turn on the amp, still there? If so, Remove the RCA's completely from the amp. Is it still there? Just other suggestions.

Congrats on the scores!

Thanks!!

I tried removing and swapping everything but the data retention. I haven't contacted Alpine yet. I was going to buy another harness first offline

Archived