Sundown Audio

2 soundstream tarantula ta1.2000d

FI50

Hello,

Im currently running 1 tarantula 2000 on my fi bl 15 at 1 ohm. Im looking to purchase another d2 fi bl 15 soon and another tarantula 2k. Should i strap the amps together or run them seperately? Im thinking i should run them seperately, both on master and connect the rcas from the output on the first amp tot he input on the second amp. Is that correct? Also how would i connect the bass knob? Theres a datalink on my soundstream. do i take a phone cable and connect the wire from teh datalink on the one amp to the bass boost connection on the other amp?

And obviously when im tuning both amps they both need to be dead even correct?

Thanks,

Mike

04 v8 explorer with a fully loaded 15" BL :)

I have the ta1.3000's strapped. I tried separate and the power I got strapping them in great. And its in a higher ohm load but seems way more powerful.

Budget Banging On A Budget.....

99 Civic EX Coupe

XS Power/SkyHigh Powered

Build In The Making...

I have the ta1.3000's strapped. I tried separate and the power I got strapping them in great. And its in a higher ohm load but seems way more powerful.

hmm thats weird, do u have dual 2 ohm subs? also how did u connect ur bass knob

i dont think i can strap them because i have dual 2 ohm subs :( if i use the rca output to the input on the other amp will i lose any sound quality? or is it the same signal

you could use splitters and split the sub rca's befor the amps, so they both get the same signal at the same time, then control it from the deck. hope that ,makes sence.... I hav no experience with these amps, but usually they would describe how to do everything in the manuals

you could use splitters and split the sub rca's befor the amps, so they both get the same signal at the same time, then control it from the deck. hope that ,makes sence.... I hav no experience with these amps, but usually they would describe how to do everything in the manuals

hmm thats a great idea. so this would be better than using the rca output on the amp?

would i use 2 y splitters? how would i know which one to connect to the red and to the white.

Archived