Second Skin Audio

Can someone explain this?

plugdumps

Alrighty lets bring this thread back from the dead with one final question, After doing more research and talking to you some people I think I have made up my mind. I am going with 2 sundown sa 8 v2's. The box I currently have design is 2 cubes net tuned to 35hz with 2 3" aeros. Sundowns site recomends .75 cube for 1 sub. So is 2 cubes instead of 1.5 gonna be a bad thing?

Port area actually depends on tuning, 11-14 square inches per driver would in the range, net volume around 0.75 cubic feet per driver, Sundown does provide a box suggestion which probably will be suitable, me and other members have also posted many times different suggestions that you could use as reference or build.

Port area actually depends on tuning, 11-14 square inches per driver would in the range, net volume around 0.75 cubic feet per driver, Sundown does provide a box suggestion which probably will be suitable, me and other members have also posted many times different suggestions that you could use as reference or build.

Sundowns box wont fit. So ill make some revisions aim for 22-28 for port area and 1.5^3 if thats whatll work best thanks :)

Okay i guess one more question hahaha, if I am doing port out the side of a wedge. Will the fact that at the top of the port will be 5 inches and lets say at the bottom of the port it will be 5inch and 15/16. affect anything in a negative way? like port will be firing at the passenger b pillar, so if that makes sense, what would i put into torres for the width of the port?

Well you need to calculate the resulting port area and do your calculations based on that area or your tuning will be off, Torres can not directly calculate this situation, you can only try to fool it to get more accurate results.

Well you need to calculate the resulting port area and do your calculations based on that area or your tuning will be off, Torres can not directly calculate this situation, you can only try to fool it to get more accurate results.

Well i can get 25 for port area when using a slot port out the side

Port area actually depends on tuning

As well as many other accumulated factors.

Tbh im just throwing numbers around in torres seeing what i can fit on my max dimensions. If torres is right. Then i can do 25 of port area. Firing at b pillar wall. With space if that makes sense

Archived