Second Skin Audio

Dual 12s ported box build help

Thank you Joe X. And yes I am already in the process of mounting the amp else ware due to the vibrations. The vibrations have already slightly unscrewed the mounting screws to the amp allowing it to move up and down. Havent decided where I will mount it yet but will figure that out after I build the new box this coming up weekend.

Also would it be too much to get a design with an aero port? Ive heard and read that they are better, plus I just personally like the look of an aeroport.

Alright I see it jst happened to look over it when looking at the design. Thanks for the design help very much. Getting my wood this friday and will do the build over the weekend. Will Post pics of the build as I build it all this weekend. Looking forward to building my first box since my last one in 09'. Cant believe Ive been away from car audio for nearly 6 years now. Lol

yeah, ive build bigger boxes using 1 sheet, you will be good, might even have scraps for an amp rack. Just draw it all out on the MDF first like a puzzle, then cut. Measure twice, then 5 more times, and you will only need to cut once. trust me on that haha

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

-"No way he's OCD." -said none of the people that know me ever.

04' Suburban "Lucifer" A.K.A #Lucii (Under Construction)

4 10s on 4kW in 6cu net @~28hz

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

92' JDM 325i "Stella" ~Going for sale to build a 350+hp E30~

Gutted pipes

96,000 OG KM's (59,000 mi)

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

89' Gen 3 Honda Prelude SI AWS "Odis"

Bone Stock

Possibly going to stance it

Alright that sounds good then just wanted to make sure. Its been a long time since Ive built my own box. Going to do whatever I can to get as much out of these subs as I can without blowing them. The sealed enclosure doesnt sound bad but it should be twice as loud in the new ported box. Should I have the subs facing forward with the trunk sealed off from the cabin or face them towards the trunk like they are now?

Hey joe could you tweet the design a little more for me to make the port with a kerf to make the box look that much better to the eye? Ive never did a kerf design but I think that Ill have no problem with the build even with a kerf port entrance. The box below is similar to the one that you designed and I would like a kerf just like it if you dont mind to design it. I appreciate your help. Ill be posting pics up here tomorrow or sunday of the build. The box below is a build that Triticum Audio did for someone. I just love the look of that Kerf port.

2015-03-21%2002.20.41_zpsgicyxupo.png

Archived