Going to quote myself from another person with crescendo amps and cant get their tools to work.

Did you try using the negative probe on the negative amplifier speaker output (not the negative amp ground).

iirc the crescendo amplifiers use Tiffany style inputs, which are not grounded and may make it a differential rca input.

There is no physical connection between the negative rca signal on the amp and the actual ground and that may have something to do with the signal not being transferred through the ground when the cc-1 is grounded on the battery itself.

So try it using both the positive cc-1 probe on the positive speaker output of the amp, and the negative cc-1 probe on the negative speaker output of the amp and then you should hopefully get a signal.

I remember someone else having an issue with a 4channel or 2 channel crescendo I thought and they couldn't get signal on the dd-1 with their amp 1 way but the other way worked.

Also some of the older DD-1s with the recessed rca connection in the top, There are some RCA cords that have ends that are too bulky to get the cable to fit into the opening, which wont make a contact and you wont get a signal.

Ive had this happen a few times.

Hmm. Alright. So for both dd1 and cc1, use the positive and negative speaker inputs? Does it matter which one?

Yes, speaker positive and speaker negative. Because the rca ground on a tiffany style or differential rca input is not grounded together with the amps ground like on the majority of amplifiers. So grounding to the amps ground, or even a battery ground will not complete the needed circuit to make the dd-1 or cc-1 work.

TBH, dont matter what style inputs the amp has, I just go straight for the speaker outputs to hook up the dd-1 and cc-1.

If your using a 4channel amp, sometimes you might not get signal on the left channel, so you may need to use the right channel, so that is also something to be aware of. Only a handful of amps do this from what I noticed.

But just saying it just in case you run into that issue.

Yes, speaker positive and speaker negative. Because the rca ground on a tiffany style or differential rca input is not grounded together with the amps ground like on the majority of amplifiers. So grounding to the amps ground, or even a battery ground will not complete the needed circuit to make the dd-1 or cc-1 work.

TBH, dont matter what style inputs the amp has, I just go straight for the speaker outputs to hook up the dd-1 and cc-1.

If your using a 4channel amp, sometimes you might not get signal on the left channel, so you may need to use the right channel, so that is also something to be aware of. Only a handful of amps do this from what I noticed.

Alright well I greatly appreciate the info. Will go try that now and get back to you.

This is all awesome info, crazy thing is though, the manual that came with my dd-1 says the same thing. What a concept.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

This is all awesome info, crazy thing is though, the manual that came with my dd-1 says the same thing. What a concept.

Haha. You are correct, but my appreciation was really directed towards the info on the Crescendo Amps.
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1