Second Skin Audio

Under truck battery racks. Post them up

doug118

I'm trying to see how people have their battery racks mounted under their trucks. I want to make the rack a bolt-in deal so I can easily access the batteries. I'm hoping I can fit 10 underneath without a huge struggle. I know Steve fit 5 wide and I think I can fit 2 rows. Factory spare is 31" tall and that's where the batteries are going, and 2 are 26" long so that shouldn't be an issue

Truck is a 01 Tahoe

I think generally its easier to put them into the middle because the frame is flat there where the rear or front curves up to the bumper. If i'm correct i think steave put a hole in the metal through the bottem of the trunk and mounted them that way

That's where I plan on putting mine is between the frame rails in the back. They're as flat as can be. I don't want to cut the floor which is why I want to make the rack removable

My only idea for that would be to put some type of mount over the frame that just drapes over to support the rack, but when you add the weight of the battery's making it impossible for it to come off. No drilling, wholes or anything. Just something that goes over the frame and sits on it, that way if you need to take it out you just have to lift it up with the battery's removed.

Archived