Billy Kester Posted March 24, 2015 Report Posted March 24, 2015 I recently purchased a dodge Durango, I have room for subs just don't know what to pick. I previously had two alpine type r 12d2 but one fried and the other got cracked. I have an mtx thunder 7801d, and I'm just looking subs and a box idea. I'm working on about a $450 budget, for my subs and box. I appreciate any help I can get, please and thank you.
Noel989 Posted March 24, 2015 Report Posted March 24, 2015 Why did you fried those subs? How much space do you have? What's the the wattage on the amp? Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
Billy Kester Posted March 24, 2015 Author Report Posted March 24, 2015 it friend because it over heated, and I have about about 2.5x3ft of space. My whole third row seating is gone for it. and the amp has around 1380 RMS at 1 ohm
gally Posted March 24, 2015 Report Posted March 24, 2015 you must have clipped the shit out of it... 2010 Chevrolet Cruze Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5" Sub Control --- Pac LC1 Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1 Battery - GZBP 12.2500X
Billy Kester Posted March 24, 2015 Author Report Posted March 24, 2015 My gain was only up maybe 1/4 of the way.
Kyblack76 Posted March 24, 2015 Report Posted March 24, 2015 My gain was only up maybe 1/4 of the way. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Billy Kester Posted March 24, 2015 Author Report Posted March 24, 2015 I mean I could get two more of the type r's for $150 a piece, I was just wondering if their was anything better for the price.
Guest Posted March 24, 2015 Report Posted March 24, 2015 get one solid dual 2ohm 15" for $300 and use the rest of your budget building the box http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/dc-audio-m2-level-3-15/
Cj Kumz Posted March 24, 2015 Report Posted March 24, 2015 ^^^ x2 get one solid dual 2ohm 15" for $300 and use the rest of your budget building the box http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/dc-audio-m2-level-3-15/ ^^^^ this. A 15 would be the best option depending on your space Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Billy Kester Posted March 24, 2015 Author Report Posted March 24, 2015 get one solid dual 2ohm 15" for $300 and use the rest of your budget building the box http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/dc-audio-m2-level-3-15/ Should I spend the little extra cash and get the level 4? And should I go ported or sealed?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.