Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need help building a ported box for 2 15" kicker L7s


Flip_one

Recommended Posts

Posted

This is my first time building a box for my 15" L7s, I want the box to have one big port on the right side and I wanted tuned to about 32hz-35hz. I'm looking for really deep bass and the most SPL out of that box. Can anyone help me? I need the exact measurements for each piece of wood to make the best box for these subs. It will be going into my 2001 Chevy Tahoe. Thanks!!

Posted

So here is a suggestion, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 5 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: Please verify the suggested dimensions will work in your vehicle and that the port clearance to the rear gate is met once the box is in.

image.jpg

 

2l7.jpg

Posted

Thanks Joe! I kind of want the subs and the port both facing the rear tailgate, I think it sounds better that way. Is there any way to have the subs facing back and the port next to them?

Posted

subs up port back will play better/louder in your tahoe. just check to see if the box joe x designed fits, any way you havent really given out the max dimensions you can spare for the box, or how much power you are giving the subs

Posted

Ok if you want it like that here it is, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 7 3/8", figure is just an assembly guide, bracing is 1 1/2" wooden dowel rods:

NOTE: Please verify the suggested dimensions will work in your vehicle and that the port clearance to the rear gate is met once the box is in.

l7lst.jpg

2xl715sfpf_NT.jpg

Posted

Will this box work on l7 12s

No, you would need one for 12s, if you make a thread I could make you one.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 445 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...