Second Skin Audio

Who is the best at designing boxes? I want to do a 6th order!

He has no clause.

I have dealt with him years ago when recommended by DD to him due to a woofer problem, which the problem was still there.

Turned out to be 1 woofer used the 7.25 inch landing and 8 spiders, while the other woofer used the 8inch landing and 6 spiders.

There are several other members here as well that got rather poor results with his enclosure as well. Like his wall design for 2 Team Fi 15s that his design put each woofer in a 2.2 cubic foot box, each woofer was powered with a DC Audio 5.0k, and the car couldn't break a 150db, and had a very peaky response with a high tune.

Any ways comparing a house design to a speaker box design is apple to oranges.

Your talking about a contracting firm with architects and jobs that cost 10s of thousands of dollars for a blue print, not a $30-50 design.

Well spoken. I'm in a position to start my 5k build and box design is critical right now. saz-4500 and 1 team sundown 12 or 15. I'm scoping around on these threads to see what people are having success with and I see allot of 4th and 6th order designs. I have seen good boxes react and play completely different in different cars. I think 2.2 is crazy small for fi 15" I run a single 13w6v2 in a 2.8 cubic box and hits like a gorilla shit even back in 1999 I ran a ROCKFORD FOSGATE 12" Power DVC in a 2.0 cubic box. Was the box made for the fi subs?

Current build

300amp alt

(1) xs power d4800 up front

(1) Optima yellow top 34 out back

All 1/0 skyhigh car audio power and ground including big 3/4

(2) Hyphonics 2000.4

front doors 5.25" memphis mclass comps don't recall exact model#

future plans to run (2) pair 6-8" mids each front door.

rear ski port 6.75" Alpine Type X pro series running passive

rear doors factory 5.25" need better speakers.

(1) ? sub amp maybe sundown saz-4500d

(1) ? Subwoofer maybe team 15"

getting by with a db drive 2400.1 class ab amp thats doing a good 660ish

watts rms to single JL audio 13w6v2 @ 2ohms

box 2.86 cubes slot port 32hrz

def need way more batteries.

https://instagram.com/p/4w51kBrX9g/?taken-by=boost_syndicate

Yes the wall design was made for the 2 fi 15s (2.2cubed each). The owner is another member here and was really disappointed. I actually helped him out and crunched the numbers in pwk's design, and then figured out a solution for him for the time being until they can tear it out and re do the wall. From me using my design software (term pro) and me just entering the drivers T/S parameters of the woofer, it spit out a box design that was almost identical to the PWK. However with things like cabin gain, actual applied power, and so on, T/S parameters are not going to give you the perfect box.

Im not going to lie, some of his designs are legit, but it seems to be mostly his own and that same time and effort was not put out to every customer.

This is where a lot of the dislike from people come from.

When customers had questions or where not happy he black listed them, which happened to the guy I was just talking about.

He owns a termlab meter, but yet they post a video testing one of his AD boxes with a AudioControl meter that they are moving all over the place to get a "big number".
Any real basshead knows that the audiocontrol is not always accurate and the sensitivity can be adjusted by the turn of a dial to make things "louder", So why didnt they use his termlab???

No computer program is going to give you the perfect box every single time, there will be a box that fails from time to time, no one is perfect.

Hell I remember a burp box I built for 1 DD9518 powered with two 3krms amps each wired at .5 ohms, the thing only did a 143db.
But the same sub in a different box in the same vehicle did a 146.7db on a little 1500wrms amp wired at 1ohm

Legal or not stealing a persons design for profit is so wrong. What is this world coming to? SMH Is there no honor left?

Current build

300amp alt

(2) Hyphonics 2000.4

Yes the wall design was made for the 2 fi 15s (2.2cubed each). The owner is another member here and was really disappointed. I actually helped him out and crunched the numbers in pwk's design, and then figured out a solution for him for the time being until they can tear it out and re do the wall. From me using my design software (term pro) and me just entering the drivers T/S parameters of the woofer, it spit out a box design that was almost identical to the PWK. However with things like cabin gain, actual applied power, and so on, T/S parameters are not going to give you the perfect box.

Im not going to lie, some of his designs are legit, but it seems to be mostly his own and that same time and effort was not put out to every customer.

This is where a lot of the dislike from people come from.

When customers had questions or where not happy he black listed them, which happened to the guy I was just talking about.

He owns a termlab meter, but yet they post a video testing one of his AD boxes with a AudioControl meter that they are moving all over the place to get a "big number".

Any real basshead knows that the audiocontrol is not always accurate and the sensitivity can be adjusted by the turn of a dial to make things "louder", So why didnt they use his termlab???

No computer program is going to give you the perfect box every single time, there will be a box that fails from time to time, no one is perfect.

Hell I remember a burp box I built for 1 DD9518 powered with two 3krms amps each wired at .5 ohms, the thing only did a 143db.

But the same sub in a different box in the same vehicle did a 146.7db on a little 1500wrms amp wired at 1ohm

Yeah termlab is standard and throw it in the kick and burp it. have it count.

Current build

300amp alt

(2) Hyphonics 2000.4

Legal or not stealing a persons design for profit is so wrong. What is this world coming to? SMH Is there no honor left?

No one stole his design for profit, it was just shared because a guy was happy to have his design finally, no one sold it for anything. LOL

It was one of his happy customers that got threatened for doing something that was never told he couldnt do.

There are a couple guys on here that are usually willing to help or even make a design for free sometimes, Joe X has been making a lot of people happy lately. triticum agricolam seems to be more active on the forums as of lately. A couple people say raptor is really good, but im not to familar with his work. I will only usually design for what Im building just because I suck using 3d modeling programs on how to put things together.

There are a lot of people out there that can do imo far better work than pwk, but then again there are also worse ones out there that are great modeling things up and making them look pretty but their lack of building skills, real world expierence are just not there, so getting references are a must if its something you dont want to take the time and learn on your own and play with for yourself.

No one stole his design for profit, it was just shared because a guy was happy to have his design finally, no one sold it for anything. LOL

It was one of his happy customers that got threatened for doing something that was never told he couldnt do.

Yeah, I know but I would still have respect for someone's intellectual property. Things got a bit heated on those texts, lol.

What all electrical were you running? I wanna make sure I have enough juice for that saz-4500, build log?

Current build

300amp alt

(2) Hyphonics 2000.4

Here is where it gets iffy...

Its legal because none of his intellectual property is trademarked or copyrighted.
Of coarse he could apply for design patents however he would need a new patent for each design since he is not the creator of the design itself (such as folded horn, transmission line, bandpass, line array, or any other style of a design), so thats also not applicable.

Your talking about a guy that wants to sue customers of sharing something that is free to share, but yet steals other companies logos with little change for his own and those logos are trademarked.
Petes logo
1429%20-%20PWK%20Designs.jpg

Owned by Klipsch
pwk-72165235.jpg

http://www.trademarkia.com/pwk-72165235.html

and that was filed long before Pete was even born.

Also PWK and PWK designs are not even branded to him, so if you like it for yourself, might as well buy it for $159.

http://www.trademarkia.com/trademarks-search.aspx?tn=pwk+designs

It looks like he did have hexibase trademarked, but it is also now abandoned and can be bought by anyone.

Maybe someone should buy that and threaten to sue him... rofl
http://www.trademarkia.com/trademarks-search.aspx?tn=hexibase

Here is where it gets iffy...

Its legal because none of his intellectual property is trademarked or copyrighted.

Of coarse he could apply for design patents however he would need a new patent for each design since he is not the creator of the design itself (such as folded horn, transmission line, bandpass, line array, or any other style of a design), so thats also not applicable.

Your talking about a guy that wants to sue customers of sharing something that is free to share, but yet steals other companies logos with little change for his own and those logos are trademarked.

Petes logo

1429%20-%20PWK%20Designs.jpg

Owned by Klipsch

pwk-72165235.jpg

http://www.trademarkia.com/pwk-72165235.html

and that was filed long before Pete was even born.

Also PWK and PWK designs are not even branded to him, so if you like it for yourself, might as well buy it for $159.

http://www.trademarkia.com/trademarks-search.aspx?tn=pwk+designs

It looks like he did have hexibase trademarked, but it is also now abandoned and can be bought by anyone.

Maybe someone should buy that and threaten to sue him... rofl

http://www.trademarkia.com/trademarks-search.aspx?tn=hexibase

Thanks for the education.

Minimal electric to run a 4500? is a 240 amp alt enough?

Current build

300amp alt

(2) Hyphonics 2000.4

Archived