Jump to content

expanding foam in the heat?


Recommended Posts

Posted

too me it looks like it was used too much at once.

then it expanded and dripped/flowed out the holes.

If you try and fill a huge void with expanding foam all at once the foam on the inside that gets blocked from air will never expand and will stay a soft gooey mess.

If it is hot out it will ooze whatever path it can outwards. I had this problem for months after doing my rear doors years ago, and I did just that sprayed about 4 cans into each door and said done...

If you do little sections at a time, start in the middle, work your way out, let the foam set for a day, then do another issue you will have no problems, heat or not.

 

 

Posted

Cold can or not, if your vehicle is sitting in the sun and the metal is hot. It will not expand properly.

too me it looks like it was used too much at once.

then it expanded and dripped/flowed out the holes.

If you try and fill a huge void with expanding foam all at once the foam on the inside that gets blocked from air will never expand and will stay a soft gooey mess.

If it is hot out it will ooze whatever path it can outwards. I had this problem for months after doing my rear doors years ago, and I did just that sprayed about 4 cans into each door and said done...

If you do little sections at a time, start in the middle, work your way out, let the foam set for a day, then do another issue you will have no problems, heat or not.

Thank you guys and everyone else that helped. I appreciate everyones input. I sprayed my truck yesterday and it came out good this time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 460 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...