Second Skin Audio

Dual 1.5ohm Fi Bl 12 with TI basket Box Build help!

They guy that rebuilt it didnt pull the parameters but said to throw it in a 2.5cuft box tuned to 30-35hz or so depending on how low I want to tune the box to and I wot be disappointed whatsoever. He said that he didnt pull them due to all soft parts being new and not broken in so the parameters may be off a little.

Also this is the first box build, and I already know that I will probably rebuild it atleast 1 or 2 more times after its broken in just to test and tune to see what sounds the best. How would I go about pulling the parameters myself when I get the sub later on today?

It's pretty well known how a sub changes once is broken in, that wouldn't be a problem as long as he can give you what he measured (well maybe), these's a way to measure t/s parameters with relative accuracy with some resistors, a multimeter and a smartphone app and optionally sealed box, then there's a few relatively low cost tools to do it but the DATS which is commonly used is still $100. One way or the other frankenwoofers are a hit or miss at best as they aren't usually put together by engineers but people who may know or not what they are doing.

Well I trust the guy. He had good reviews from all his other builds that he has sold as well. Not to mention just from talking to him over the past week, I could tell that he definately knows alot about car audio and rebuilds subs and to resalem

Archived