Punch 694s Blown From Sub vibration?

ben1994

Hey Guys,

Had my back glass of my camry break today (although I doubt the sub caused it). So got the glass replaced and turned off the sub to let the glass seat. Either I didn't notice it before or it just happened but the punch 6x9's in the back are definitely on their way out. HIghs/some mids sound good but any bass is crackling/blown. I have them being run off a t400-4 set with a dd-1. High pass filter is set around 65. I've heard of subs causing damage to rear deck speakers. I talked to someone who mentioned using baffles on the rear speakers. I'm going to be installing ct sounds tropo 6x9s soon, does anyone have any input on what could of happened/if baffles help/hurt?

Yes, you can blow or damage speakers in the rear deck if the trunk is pretty air tight and the subs are moving pretty good air in that space, I believe it causes the rear deck speakers to max out on excursion. It happened to me with a pair of T162 coax's a while back. And having them baffled or boxed off from subs in the trunk will help that. Speakers in the rear deck kinda suck IMO.

Archived