Sundown Audio

Question about 4 channel amp

IKnowImLost224

Anyone? Reason I'm asking is because I want to add tweeters in the stock location in my 2012 malibu without removing what I already have in there. My 6x9's are 4 ohms each and so are the tweeters. So my thinking was I could run the tweeters in parallel with the 6x9's and not lose anything

If you could be a little more specific on the details it'd help someone understand what you're asking on doing. Is the amp stock? Do you know the ratings on the 4-channel in question to know what it's pushing?

Amp: Crescendo 1100.4
Front Doors: Image Dynamics CXS62 V.2 (2 Ohm) 6.5" components

Rear Deck: Image Dynamics CTX69 (4 Ohm) 6x9

Want to add: Alpine SPR-10TW (4 Ohm) tweeters w/crossovers in place of stock tweeters in front pillars

What I'd like to do instead of removing what I have in there currently is run the tweeters in parallel to the rear channel of the amp. This is only a daily driver, not looking for a competition setup but would like to add a little more to the front stage

Amp specs

Rated Power Output(RMS)

Clean RMS power on 13.8v standard electrical system:

4 x 180w @ 4ohm
4 x 300w @ 2ohm

2 x 600w @ 4ohm Bridged

Yes, each channel sees its own load. But I agree, I'm not sure what it is your saying you want to do. Are you saying you want to keep the stock speakers and power them with an amplifier?

Edit: posted a minute too late.

As long as those speakers and tweeters can handle the power output of the amp at the 2ohm load the channels will see, then yes. The output will be divided between the speakers.

Yes, each channel sees its own load. But I agree, I'm not sure what it is your saying you want to do. Are you saying you want to keep the stock speakers and power them with an amplifier?

Lol all good, just dont want to mess anything up by adding these to the rear channel. I know most people will suggest just removing the 6x9's though.

Lol all good, just dont want to mess anything up by adding these to the rear channel. I know most people will suggest just removing the 6x9's though.

I'm pretty sure by the way you're talking that you know when adding those tweeters to the front stage the channels on the respective sides will have different ohm loads once you make the change. Personally, I wouldn't add 4 ohm tweets to the same channels as the 2 ohm components. If you're wanting more in your front stage and don't worry about the passengers then I would eliminate the 6x9s like you said or run them off a different amp.

I'm pretty sure by the way you're talking that you know when adding those tweeters to the front stage the channels on the respective sides will have different ohm loads once you make the change. Personally, I wouldn't add 4 ohm tweets to the same channels as the 2 ohm components. If you're wanting more in your front stage and don't worry about the passengers then I would eliminate the 6x9s like you said or run them off a different amp.

What I was saying is I was going to add the tweeters to the REAR channel. If I run the 4 ohm tweets in parallel with the 4 ohm 6x9's wouldn't that drop it to a 2 ohm load on each channel?

What I was saying is I was going to add the tweeters to the REAR channel. If I run the 4 ohm tweets in parallel with the 4 ohm 6x9's wouldn't that drop it to a 2 ohm load on each channel?

Yes, you'd be correct. You'd need to wire like so:

2_4ohm_svc_2ohm.gif

Yes, you'd be correct. You'd need to wire like so:

2_4ohm_svc_2ohm.gif

Awesome, thank you! That's what I was looking for

Archived