Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need help with Box for (2) Sundown NS V.3 (18")


Recommended Posts

Posted

The Hilux Surf is the one I understand is a SUV, anyways depth is from the top of the backseats to right at the rear gate closed, to do port back some more depth is needed.

I have more space but that's for the wall of mid range speakers, so i can spare about another 12 inches for Depth hopefully that's enough for this sub box

Posted

If you spare 12 that would be fine. You will need about 10 inches of port clearance based on what I'm looking at

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Also what tuning were you looking at? Is 35hz fine?

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Lemme work on it when I get home. Be back in abit

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Dual20nsv.32018s_zps8q5bg9xo.jpg

Dual20nsv.32018ss_zpsvloehzua.jpg

I ran into a few hiccups. Having your port facing the tailgate can't have a centre port unless you sacrifice port area.

This dimensions give a 14cube box tuned to 35hz. Measurements have been put on the pieces to make it easy to create a cutsheet

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Here is another suggestion, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 7 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide, bracing is 2x4s on the side walls and 3 top to bottom crossbraces made with 1 1/2" wooden dowel rods:

nsv318.jpg

218supb.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 496 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...