Second Skin Audio

Enclosure design help

bcbrassard

I have been wanting to give the wife some bass in her ride for a while now and i have the sub and amp from my Lancer build i just need a good enclosure design and ideas.

IMG_2165_zpsgxqtgxpv.jpg

Car needs more cleaning to look good but first spring cleaning after a long winter.

IMG_2166_zpsc4n8tgtg.jpg

Trunk space we have to work with. I would like the enclosure a bit on the small side to keep room for groceries.

IMG_2167_zps3n1taypp.jpg

Measurements of space i would like to use are 41"W x 14"H x 14"D. 41" is inside the trunk and the trunk opening is 38". Folding the back seats down gives me the 41" width but reduces the height to 13+". Not sure which is the best way to go.

IMG_2168_zpsltbihn11.jpg

2012 RF T1D412" Sub with a 1999 RF Power t1000a1 amp.

Sub has low use, and this amp still works great. I have even had this playing with sub in 1 ohm mode, now with box rise, ect hard to say what the amp was seeing but i do know they are 2 ohm stable.

So i would like a design for good output for R & B and RAP music. It is what she listens to the most, but a design that sounds good in rock and metal too.

Not sure if i will have sub in 1 or 4 ohm, its 500 watts in 4 ohm and work the amp less or 1000 at 1 ohm and stress the amp to the point of burning it up. ? If it where to blow i would buy a new Punch 1000 or something.

I plan to get a RF 4 gauge kit & a RF lock for now. Leaving the mids and highs stock until i finish the Lancer. The 2012 Malibu stock system doesnt sound too bad IMO just lacking bass. And after her seeing me work on my system for 4 yrs and not be finished she doesnt want her car in the same mess. lol Cant blame her.

Thanks for any input and ideas. I know the enclosure guys will chime in with great ideas and designs.

HUH? I built the box in the pic for my other system in my Lancer. It was built wrong. I am looking for a good design of a ported box to build for the Malibu. Hopefully Joe X, CleanSerria, or others can put something together for me.

So your opinions are a sealed, slot port, areo port, 4th order box or build another out of those choices. The prefab boxes as you got here is no good. You could build a bigger box to have a solid 32 or 35hz.

That box is a prefab box bro

I see to many so call bassheads with prefab boxes and there L-slots at that build it is funny to me :rofl:

Your stupidity is funny to me.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

So your opinions are a sealed, slot port, areo port, 4th order box or build another out of those choices. The prefab boxes as you got here is no good. You could build a bigger box to have a solid 32 or 35hz.

That box is a prefab box bro

I see to many so call bassheads with prefab boxes and there L-slots at that build it is funny to me :rofl:

Your stupidity is funny to me.

do not hate it :rofl: cause me to laugh at you

Dude.... Are you fucking kidding me. I built that box like 4 yrs ago when i started my 03 Lancer build. It is not a prefab. You dont have anything positive to add to my thread and i think your full of shit trying to tell me about my work and systems.

Archived