mxmanny Posted April 13, 2015 Report Posted April 13, 2015 Hi guys, well after looking for the best sub for my setup I have not been able to find something that I am truly convinced in purchasing. Given that I have been out of the car audio life for several years I now want to come back with as much bass as I can. All it took was someone bassing out right next to me and it brough back the great memories. I have already put in an order for one of the fox acoustics prefab boxes. Here are the specs: 2-12" VENTED SUB BOXAIR VOLUME: 1.55 CUBIC FEET PER SIDEDIVIDED: YESPORT/VENT TUNE FREQUENCY: 35 HzMAX FRAME SIZE: 13" Round subs onlyMOUNTING HOLE SIZE: 11.125"MOUNTING DEPTH: 7.25" WITH A 6.5" DIAMETER MAGNET My question now is, with so many sub options available. I am now in a dilemma of this vs that and such. I've been doing research online on the subs that Fox Acoustics recommends (JL Audio 12w6 v2, Alpine Type R 12-d2, Kicker CVX-12, Sundown SA-12, Punch P3 12). If there is any other options that you guys would recommend for me please let me know. I will be running the 2 subs with a MTX TA7801D, that I have from my last setup. I wont buy another amp since this MTX is a monster as far as I remember, putting out 1697 x 1 @ 1ohm.
Joe X Posted April 14, 2015 Report Posted April 14, 2015 For a box that size the Alpine SWR 12D4 would be best (or the expensive W6s but theV2 is discontinued).
mxmanny Posted April 14, 2015 Author Report Posted April 14, 2015 For a box that size the Alpine SWR 12D4 would be best (or the expensive W6s but theV2 is discontinued). Thanks for the response Joe, I thought about the W6 but as you say, they are DCd and would be more expensive anyway. I really was just looking for an extra opinion, or someone who has tried either sub, most threads out there about these subs are pretty old. I have never tried the Type R before, but all I hear are great things about them. I like all kinds of music, but I really like to get low with some hip hop or dubstep. I think I will give the Type Rs a try.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.