Sundown Audio

Worth getting a new amp? Sq

r.sok

To get the most out of any component system is to run them active, provided you are able to cross them over electronically. A processor would give you the most control as well as up your input voltage to the amplifier thus giving you a better signal. However, if the initial signal is dirty then output/input voltage won't matter.

As for purchasing a new amp it may be necessary if you do not have enough channels available to go completely active.

FYI. Active means losing the passive crossovers and wiring them straight to an amplifier and using an electronic crossover (majority amplifiers have them built in now).

The simplest and cheapest way to get a noticeable change is to go active. Since you have two extra channels go ahead an by pass the crossovers and run each speaker to a channel. HOWEVER, make sure each channel has a built in crossover. You would want the tweeters to be crossover and a higher frequency if it has a 10x switch make sure it is on. The midrange speakers should be crossover in between the mid-bass and midrange frequencies.

I agree to an extent about switching out wires. Definitely can not hurt and I would assume you have to go in might as well re wire.

its worth noting that there could be some passive crossover stuff in the factory wiring as well making things worse. The very first thing I would do in your situation is make sure the install is solid (ie get some new wires in between the amps and speakers).

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

My car came with a DVD that shows me how to disassemble everything. I've went through the pages & the crossovers were built into the factory amp so im good there.

Unfortunately The highest I could hpf on my amp is I believe 260hz. Unfortunately that's no where near tweeter territory. My comps call for 120 rms at 4 ohms. I have tried bridging them once putting out 220 rms with the gains at its lowest settings. It didn't really sound clean? I'm guessing that's a wiring issue?

My factory grills, the holes around them are rather small. Would it be beneficial to maybe enlarge them? I know the best way would to have better mounts that are angles but I'd like to achieve the best sound possible while retaining a factory look

Archived