Sackcheese Posted April 15, 2015 Report Posted April 15, 2015 so I've got one of those new re xxx12" subs in a 4 cube box tuned to 25hz and it gets pretty low but it's not as loud as I'd like...its a single 12" lol soooo i decided to upgrade to 2 fi q 18" fully loaded with the hi qts option and ring. Going to go sealed between 8-10cf box due to space issues,powered with a cheap ass brz 2400 so they may get around 1000w a peace on a good day lol... What u guys think about 2 fi q18"s in a sealed box being a bit louder and sounding better thAn 1 12 ported on same power ... I've done a bit of research and from what I've read the fi q" sound pretty tasty ?
Jhunt94 Posted April 15, 2015 Report Posted April 15, 2015 I've got a Q 15" in a sealed box with the high QTS option and it gets down. It does hit high notes but not as high as some of my previous systems. Where it really shines is on the lows. I would say it would sound better and everything, but you won't know until you try. I'd re think the amp if I were you though. 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
Sackcheese Posted April 15, 2015 Author Report Posted April 15, 2015 Yes sir as soon as the funds are better I may get a t2500 or maby a saz 3500 all I'm doing now is waiting on subs to come in... I figured that 2q18"s would give me a better sq than that xxx12 and get plenty louder... A lot of ppl on this fourum and others talk very highly of fi
Go-N-Def Posted April 15, 2015 Report Posted April 15, 2015 I remember afrobass having to fi q' s I believe 18's on an audiopipe. Look him up. Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL
Go-N-Def Posted April 15, 2015 Report Posted April 15, 2015 Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL
Sackcheese Posted April 15, 2015 Author Report Posted April 15, 2015 Lmao I just watched that excact vid on YouTube ...I think ima b very pleased with 2 q18"s even if it's on low power for the time being
Jhunt94 Posted April 15, 2015 Report Posted April 15, 2015 Yes sir as soon as the funds are better I may get a t2500 or maby a saz 3500 all I'm doing now is waiting on subs to come in... I figured that 2q18"s would give me a better sq than that xxx12 and get plenty louder... A lot of ppl on this fourum and others talk very highly of fi i love fi products, they're very well built. After having one I probably wouldn't buy anything other than Fi/AA, but that's just me. 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
jamesbombed Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 i got 2 12" d2 fully loaded minus internal leads with hqts sealed and i love it, so im sure the 18s in the big ass box would own, i got mine on 2 soundqubed 2200s strapped so id recommend getting a 2nd amp to strap they can take the power, cheaper than buying a whole new big amp
Miguels Posted April 17, 2015 Report Posted April 17, 2015 if space is an issue then go with 2 15's in a proper ported box.. also depending on the enclouser size it plays different. just because its sealed it dont means you can throw it in any sealed box even if its within the recommended specs. the size will be built to what you want to get out of them my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.