Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

What Box Would Be Best For My Two Kicker L7 15's


Recommended Posts

Posted

So lately I have been hearing strange rattling sounds coming from my box. However, ever since I upgraded my amplifier to a Hifonics Brutus BXI 2607d the rattling got worse. Well tonight it got really bad and I could definately tell I was losing bass. There must be a leak somewhere in the box causing it to lose a lot of pressure. I play Hypnotize tonight and it didn't sound nearly as intense as it usually does. So, I am getting a new box built for me. I heard Kickers do best when they have their own seperate chambers and when the box is ported. Is that true? The box I had was one big chamber with a port at the end. I want this box to be tuned so it sounds the loudest. Sooo...

1.) How many cubix feet?

2.) Where should the port be? Left, right, middle?

3.) And for the loudest setup should the box be port up subs up or the port facing the back and the subs facing the back?

Sorry for all the questions...thanks

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Posted

haha

all love man but its just amusing seeing you post up new topics over and over :D

all good bro

1st, whats louder than my...

2nd, i'm replacing my with....

3rd, box broke what should i build!...

i just look for L7 15s in the title :D :D :D

having said that i'm not an expert on kicker or the max external dimensions of your ride but your going to have to get those kickers in a good amount of space. I've always used separate chambers and never had a problem- only way to know for sure is to build many many boxes small and large tuned high and low with pictures and vids all over the forum ^_^

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew
Posted

haha

all love man but its just amusing seeing you post up new topics over and over :D

all good bro

1st, whats louder than my...

2nd, i'm replacing my with....

3rd, box broke what should i build!...

i just look for L7 15s in the title :D :D :D

having said that i'm not an expert on kicker or the max external dimensions of your ride but your going to have to get those kickers in a good amount of space. I've always used separate chambers and never had a problem- only way to know for sure is to build many many boxes small and large tuned high and low with pictures and vids all over the forum ^_^

-Drew

Haha this is true. I love this site and have lots of questions. I am still going to still go with DCs but that's a future setup. Right now I am dealing with my broken box. lol. So.....?

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Posted

I'd do 8ft w/ 4 4" aeros tuned to 32hz w/ subs up port back. $0.02

At least 5 four inch ports. They are the L7's...

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Posted

Keep in mind that my box is going in the back of a Jeep Liberty lol. This box is going to have to be a bit smaller than my previous box. My previous box was 6.2 cubic feet and the reason why this one has to be slightly smaller is because I had to put towels under my box to keep it at a slant so it would fit in my trunk lol. This box I don't want to have that problem.

So between 5-6 cubic feet, subs up, port facing back, 5 inch port, box tuned at 32 hz with each sub in their own chamber?

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Posted

At least 5 four inch ports. They are the L7's...

For spl, maybe, for daily music a 5th port isn't needed.

So between 5-6 cubic feet

I definately would not attempt to go less than 6ft.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Posted

Well considering I am limited by the amount of room I have I can only go so big before I am maxed out.

So does 32 hz, 5 inch port, subs up port back, and each sub in their own chamber sound good or should the box be one big open space?

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 995 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...