Jump to content
DC Sound Lab

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking for a sub that can take up to 2200 watts rms @ 4ohms. The amp I have is a crown jbl bpx 2200.1. The birth sheet says it pushes 2550 rms @ 4ohms. I was looking at the Dc audio xl 15 but I'm not sure if I should get two 15s or just one. I was also looking at the dc audio level 5 15 but I'm not sure what to go with? I want it to be loud and I plan on having the sub in a ported box. Any help thanks?

Posted

If you can fit 2 15s, I'd get 2 DC lv4s dual 4ohm.

XL15 dual 2ohm if you go with one sub. If you can't fit 2 15s, I'd go with 2 12s lv4 dual 4ohm. Would be a debate 2 lv4 12s over 1 xl 15

Posted

Also if I go with the two 12s lvl 4 they don't come in dual 4 ohms! They come dual 2 ohms and 1 ohm and I need to wire them up to 4 ohms so do I go with the 1 ohms?

It was super late when I responsed ooops. Yes, dual 1ohms.....

Me personally I would go 2 lv4 12s, but xl 15 would make you happy as well.

Posted

I think I would consider a 15" Level 5, as it's pretty efficient, costs no more than 2 4's and would allow you u[grading your amp drastically.

But as said- all the options are great, I really like the 15" XL :)

Posted

I think your question should be: Am I going to upgrade my amp to a 3.5-5K ?

2 12's is the most of cone area you could fit, on the BPX I guess it's the hardest you could go, on 3.5K+ amp- you may get some more output out of a system that can handle this power.

I have heard both 2 12" level 4's and single 15" Level 5, they both sounds crazy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 876 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...