Few electrical questions

I kid I kid..for the same reason you need the front fuse. Whats going to stop the current incase you have a short in the middle of the wire?

You need to fuses if you have a rear battery. If you only have a battery up front then only one is needed. Don't listen to those who say you don't need it. Some have and they don't have a car and gear anymore

in case anything shorts, you want to burn the fuse, not the wire...I don't think there is such thing as too many fuses... :unknw:

fuse 12" or closer to the front battery, 12" or closer to the rear battery/s, then fuse again as close to the amps as possible unless they have internal fuses in the amps. :shrug:

i'm seriously trying to find the safest way...for obvious reasons...

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

im looking at 100 feet of 1/0 gauge OFC if i was to do two runs, so we are talking 350 for just 1/0 then 4 fuses at 10 a pop, so thats 390.

If i did 2/0 i need one run, at 220, then 2 fuses, 60 each, so 340. then some extra 1/0 from back bat, to amps, which i have, but will need 2 1/0 fuses, so we are at 360 for the 2/0.

2/0 is cheaper.

TEAM PRESSURED LOWS

2000 Dodge Durango

6 Sundown SA 15s

6th Order B-Pillar Wall

Sundown Audio

XS Power Batteries

Mechman Alternators

You don't need 100 feet for 2 runs.. Are you wiring a bus? The most you will need is 35 feet. You already have a run add to it.even if it's CCA just add 1 more

not to threadjack...but I've got 400a total in my set up...on two runs of 1/0 (ofc for the 250a and cca for the 150a) should be fine you think?

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

You don't need 100 feet for 2 runs.. Are you wiring a bus? The most you will need is 35 feet. You already have a run add to it.even if it's CCA just add 1 more

no bus here, but im doing a run of positive and negative, im sure you will bash me for that, but hey? what can you do?

so 15-20 ft each run...

2 runs of positive, 2 runs of negative

TEAM PRESSURED LOWS

2000 Dodge Durango

6 Sundown SA 15s

6th Order B-Pillar Wall

Sundown Audio

XS Power Batteries

Mechman Alternators

Nah I won't bash for doing a negative run.it's needed if you don't have a frame. I just trying to save you money. I went the 2/0 thinking it would be cheaper but ended up costing way more

Nah I won't bash for doing a negative run.it's needed if you don't have a frame. I just trying to save you money. I went the 2/0 thinking it would be cheaper but ended up costing way more

Thank god, i mean most people would, if i didnt do a negative run, it would be a totally different story! if i grounded on frame, i would be in a different ball park, then we are talking 2 runs of 1/0 positive only... maybe 40 feet? so i mean there is the big saver.

TEAM PRESSURED LOWS

2000 Dodge Durango

6 Sundown SA 15s

6th Order B-Pillar Wall

Sundown Audio

XS Power Batteries

Mechman Alternators

Archived