Second Skin Audio

*UPDATED, FINISHED* Need help with my first ported box. Stuck between two design's

MrAcd

WinISD and BBP are not designed to work with slot ports (which have common walls) so I guess Torres has an advantage there but you should bear in mind that a 2 Hz difference from your target tuning is inaudible basically and that there are factors like temperature and port clearance that can modify tuning - even the physical layout of the port. So there's no perfect way to calculate, when you need total accuracy like with SPL applications you setup an adjustable port and you check you tuning before your run.

That would be cool, to make a adjustable port. That is the only think im worried about, it port clearance, i have only 5 inches before i hit the door.

Would everybody say, without special ordering, that brass bolts are the way to go.

What about actually building the box, should i use brad nails? Im assuming put the glue down then put a few brad nails in it, and then clamped it?

Should I use screws? or will Titlelbond II and Brad nails work? If you think i should screws what kind?

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4.7L
HU: Pioneer DEH X6600BT
Box/Subs: 2.9 cubes @33hz/ 2 10" SSA DCONS (SOLD! now AB XFL 15's)
Sub Amp: Soundqubed Q1-1200D @1 ohm (replacing with FSD 2600)
Component: Stock for now
Component Amp: Stock for now
Wiring for amp: SHCA 1/0 OFC
Under the hood: Stock 136 amp alt/ Big three with KNU OFC 0guage (replacing with 160amp)

Im building my box today, or at least starting. Im thinking I should go and buy dowels instead of trying to make my own. Not sure how well mine would turn out. Can anybody comment on the questions above?

Under the hood: Stock 136 amp alt/ Big three with KNU OFC 0guage (replacing with 160amp)

If you want dowels, buy them, they are dirt cheap. As far as terminals, I have seen countless people use stainless steel without problems. If you want to fork the money up for the higher quality, more conductive material, then do it.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

If you want dowels, buy them, they are dirt cheap. As far as terminals, I have seen countless people use stainless steel without problems. If you want to fork the money up for the higher quality, more conductive material, then do it.

Alright, im sure they are that much different, and the brass ones are only like 8 dollars for a pair.

What would you say about order of build, how do others do it?

im thinking, cut>glue>brad nail> and then screws?

mjkzdAT.png

Kinda confused, do i make my port 24.5 or 29 inches, the physical board its self. Im thinking it will be a 11.25 x 24.5 board right?

RJdiuV0.png

So im guessing something like this?

Or would the dowel being literally right there at the port affect it?

EDIT: What the heck was i thinking of course it will effect it, you arent suppose to put anything at least port diameter away from the opening. Let me fix it

8MnfsEz.png

Okay, how is this? Im thinking this is it. Thinking i have it right this time. With brass terminals on the opposite of the port side.

You usually glue 2 boards, then either use pressure of clamps or screws to hold it for the glue to dry. and you go piece by piece.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm