Second Skin Audio

? àftér instàlling 2 12" tsw3003d4 in custom slot port enclosure

mike-g

I honestly think boost is to much and its bottoming out, i didnt say i could hear cipping, the only thing i know about it is what ive read online i was asking if there is a sound related to clipped signal.thanks for all the input ill turn boost off and check locally for a oscope the closes one the tool map is orlando.im not sure what freq. Its doing it just hooked up yesterday and had my daughters b day party.the song that was on when noticed was put on by young jeezy

You can't hear clipping.

Really?
He said it might be over exscursion or clipping. You can hear the difference between a square and a sine? I can't, and I've yet to meet anyone who can. I'd love to test your ears to see if you can if you believe so.

So you're going to tell me you don't think distortion is audible?

Most distortion is audible. And yes, clipping is a form of distortion. But that doesn't mean you will always hear the distortion, and most times you won't hear the clipping either, unless in extreme cases as triticum posted. So correction to my first post. Unless you have a full blown square wave or very close to, what are the chances of being able to hear the clipping? Slim to none, hence people cranking up the gain and bass boost thinking it will be louder and their equipment not lasting as long as someone who uses the proper tools and knows that if you want it louder, buy the equipment required rather than boost everything and start clipping their input signals.

Triticum, I do agree that if it's extreme clipping then yes you might hear it. So correction to my first post. Most times you won't hear the clipping. But more than likely by that point of clipping you're sub is already destroyed and won't continue to play or will be very distorted and continue to create the smoke we don't want

I have the maxsonic autotek mean machine 4000.1d overrated amp that was tested on smd forum somewhere,cant remember who did the test,but it was with 2 kicker crv 15's and it was clipping at 900-1000 watts at 1ohm stock electrical in a caddie. Sorry if said it wrong, and thanks for the design Joe x it turned out great even with my rookie mistakes,I went and bought a router,table saw for this build and was a lot better then previous builds.thanks and what happens if the sub sonic isn't at 28hz will it make the sub's try and play lower than the box tunning and will that cause over excursion, bottom out?and the noise I hear seams to me to come when their going forward if that makes sense idk when I get off work today I'm going to pop the trunk and listen with no bass boost and try to guess ta mate 2volts on the gain and set sub sonic filter to 28hz roughly,

You're welcme, glad you managed a better build, with your new tools and some more work I am sure you will build great boxes later on, be careful with your new setup, even if it was 1000W on those pioneers that would be too much for them, if you are hearing pops and strong mechanical noise, the subs are on their way out, maybe someone from here near you can help you tune your system. The subsonic helps below tuning but you can bottom out subsonic engaged or not with enough power.

I had bass boost on the nob control little over half way, on the amp a little over 1/2,5 out Of 6 on Head Unit,and Sub Control Setting was On 6.i Turned bass Boost Off All Around Sub Sonic Is 15-35 hz So 1/2 way Should Be 25,and I Set A little Over Half which I Think Is 28hz. when i Was Using a Seald enclosure And Every Setting Was That High Or Higher And Never heard The Sound,so Like Ive Been Told It Seems To Be A Setting Error On My Part,ill Look On The Tool Map And See If The Closest Owners are Going My Way Or How Much For Them to Come To Ocala,as I Cant leave marion County Due to Probation.thanks Again For All The Help Everyone

So if a sub handles x amount of power in a sealed enclosure, it doesnt mean it can handle the same in A ported enclosure right Whitch Would Explain Why I Was Bottoming Out Or Whatever was Happening.way To Much Bass Boost Was On,i Think I Understand And thanks To All Glad I Found This Forum

Archived