Second Skin Audio

t line question

kmb504

You can put them one in front of the other. You line begins at the closed end of the box, regardless of if the subs are mounted there or not. In fact there can be a lot of advantages to mounting the subs somewhat away from the closed end of the line.

What subs are you using and what are the specs of your line?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

American bass vfl 8 my port sq is 60sq" (rounded down) and my port length is 84.75 which is 40 hz. My outer dimensions are 25.5x27x9.5. My inner port dimensions are 8x7.5. Does all of this add up correctly?

So why do you want to build a T-line vs a regular ported box?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Honestly just to try it out. Most videos I watched with smaller sub's (6.5-8) were all in t lines and they sounded awesome. Don't tlines allow a wider variety of frequency response also? I'm fairly new to all of this. If a tline isn't ideal for those sub's please let me know.

Honestly just to try it out. Most videos I watched with smaller sub's (6.5- 8) were all in t lines and they sounded awesome. Don't tlines allow a wider variety of frequency response also? I'm fairly new to all of this. If a tline isn't ideal for those sub's please let me know.

theres a reason for that, TLs are usually really long depending on the size of the woofer.

t-linespeakers.org is a good start.

or

http://www.quarter-wave.com/

...Don't tlines allow a wider variety of frequency response also? I'm fairly new to all of this. If a tline isn't ideal for those sub's please let me know.

From a functional standpoint, T-lines do pretty much the same thing as a ported box. How they do it is different, but the result is very similar.

T-line CAN have a wide frequency response, but so can ported boxes. Its all how either is designed. How you have you T-line configured now it will NOT have a wide frequency response. In fact it will have a very limited frequency response with a giant peak right around 38 Hz.

If you are looking to experiment with T-lines, and I encourage you to do so, I would suggest putting some effort into learning how they work and how various aspects of the design change how they sound. I'm happy to help you and the links aculous posted are good places to start.

Builds:

Archived