bigchiefpatterson5 Posted May 5, 2015 Report Posted May 5, 2015 I was wondering what should I tune my box to because when I go to fi's website it doesn't have a recommended tuning for the BL 18
MrBigs63' Posted May 5, 2015 Report Posted May 5, 2015 It all depends on your application. An overall widely used tuning is in the 33-35 Hz region. Normally tuning a little lower will give you flatter response, but you sacrifice output. Tuning a little higher will give you increased output but it will be less musical in lower frequencies. You can use modelling software like WinISD to get a very general idea about what your tone curve will look like. That software does not take things like cabin gain into consideration though, so it is a very general idea.
Guest Posted May 5, 2015 Report Posted May 5, 2015 30-37hz...do your research first bro http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/7154-bl-enlcosure-recommendations/
Joe X Posted May 5, 2015 Report Posted May 5, 2015 I'd say 30 and 37Hz are very different sounding, 37Hz will not be very good on jezzy stuff in most vehicles for example.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.