how to design a GP

would the ssd's be better for gp with the lower fs of the sub?  or would the power handling of the btl's make up for that? 6-8 15's would absolutely slam with 8kw on em, but i have read on here and other forums that the btl's dont start to move until you throw a lot more power to them. hmmm maybe less subs so i can put more watts per sub? or just load up the van with as many subs as possible and get whatever sub takes less power to perform?  those are the biggest questions-- go with 500watt peak subs and a lot of em, or put less 2000watt subs in?  does that make sense?

Be Differrent.

do the wall behind the sliding door so you can roll with your boy's, they will be fine in the back there, its not like your gonna roll down the road @ 150+ all the time.

I have an astro with the wall at the b-pillar its a bitch to drive. if you wall it off at the b-pillar tune it around 35hz.

with the wall that close to the windshield the wave cant fully devolope before it hits the winshield, it will still get violent but not like you want.

with the wall behind the slider you can tune it lower and get better results becuase the wave has alot more room to devolope

thanks guys for the input.  hopefully i can start soon.  it is only like 3 degrees here, so the garage is pretty cold at night.  plans are to build behind the sliding door, wall it off, and tune around the 30-35hz range.  subs are still up in the air though.  i will have to see how much surface area the wall is first i think b4 i decide on how many subs to put in.  but 8kw for sure.

again thanks for the support.

it is the regular length van.  i wish it was the ext as a larger box could be made.  did you stack them 3 high and 2 wide?  and was it behind the sliding door?  i may need to make the box a little shallower to fit behind the second row of seats to accomodate the amps and batteries.  unless i can fit them on the drivers side- side wall.

will have to see when everything is pulled out.

I didnt actually install 6 15's, I just made a mock up in y van while doing the 2, and I could have easily fit 6 15's with a few hundread inches of port area.

My teammate has 8 15's in a wild ass wall.

Archived