Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

from KICKER to Ascendant Audio


Recommended Posts

Posted

I got 4 Havoc 18s about a week ago, upgraded from 4 cvr 15s. question is, what kind of power should I give them? I know they can take more than their rated (1500rms) would 2000rms each be good? I already made a box for them, 24 cubes net tuned to 28hz with 320 sq in of port area. giving them roughly 6 cubes each, I would give them 7 but space wont allow me. this is all going in a 99 Tahoe, box is going to be just above the window line, still going to have my back seats.

bass and bewbs.. and beer

Posted

I will post pics of the build log soon, I went with 5 ply birch whats your opinion on birch over mdf? ive used mdf before and it was so messy. about the box, its subs up port back, slot port design. plan on glassing the inside and adding 45 degree angles and rounding off the port edges. theres an event in Salinas soon and I hope to have it all done by then!

bass and bewbs.. and beer

Posted

I second rated power. MDF vs. Birch is mainly a lot of preference. MDF is heavier and has a lot of dust. Birch is lighter and not as much dust, but it kind of splinters. MDF has no voids. As long as you get quality birch with a high play rating it shouldn't have any. Birch is more rigid. Birch is also more expensive than MDF in most applications. Birch can also be stained and look good, MDF on the other hand not so much. I like MDF because I feel that it is easier to work with when cutting and routering. For large boxes where multiple sheets have to be used, birch is nice to use mainly for weight reasons. A birch wall won't be as hard on your vehicle suspension wise as an MDF wall. A lot of people say that one sounds better than the other. I have only built with birch a few times, but I couldn't tell much of a difference.

Posted

I have two brutus 1600.1s I was thinking of just getting another 2 more and putting 1 on each sub, gain match them all cuz all subs will be in one chamber. looking to get a couple of batteries also and stick with my stock alt. 140 amp

bass and bewbs.. and beer

Posted

You'll need to upgrade that alt..5 ply probably wasn't the best choice to use..should done 11/13 ply cabinet grade birch in 1" thick.or just done MDF.

Posted

And depending on what ohm selection yiu ordered the woofers will determine which amps to use..

What ohm did you order?

Posted

i ordered the dual 1s, they are all dual 1s how does two 3k brutus amps sound? and yeah I plan on putting some strong bracing inside the box, I can always build another box and throw this one out even though the wood costed a pretty penny. i wanna get my build done with the right materials. i can just sell this one to my cousin he plans on getting 4 18s soon

bass and bewbs.. and beer

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3168 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...