Second Skin Audio

Enclosure as a seat

So I was playing with this idea, thinking out of the box like I do (no pun intended). So I'm kicking around the Idea of making a rear seat enclosure for 4 to 6 M38's. I'm pretty sure I could pull it off, but I'm wondering about comfort for my girls being able to sit on it for a length of time.

Has anyone done anything like this, or seen anything done like this? How was it done, links, pics, videos, anything would help. I've done some looking on google but I haven't found much on it.

It may very well be something I'll be on my own with, judging by the lack of info I've found, but I thought I'd ask you guys about it.

Thanks.

You could always contour the top and pad it like a seat. I'd be more worried about vibrations than anything

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I thought of that. I actually thought about doin it out of several sheets of wood, like speaker rings are made, or kerfing it. But yes, I was thinking that same thing. Home depot sells some pretty dense foam, but I was also going to talk to my local upholstery shop around the corner from me. See what they think about it.

What vibrations are you thinking about? From the bass?

Also to be clear, because I know safety is a thought of issue here, I'm also thinking about welding a metal frame/cage together, and using that for structure, to bolt to the floor, and then making it so the seat back will be able to fit right on it like the original seat. Then either wood around it, or fiberglass or a combination of the two.

Also I just went out and looked at my seat again, and it's a fairly simple design. The seat itself is only about 3" thick, and really doesn't have a ton of padding in it. I'm going to drop by and talk to my upholstery shop and see what they say. If I can do this, I think I'm onto something for sure.

Do you mean something like this?

l.jpg

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

^^^^^ Yes!!! Winner winner chicken dinner. Where did you find that, or did you do it?

Googled it

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Archived