TrunkMuzik Posted May 11, 2015 Report Posted May 11, 2015 So I traded in both my daily driver and my toy and got a New Camaro SS. The trunk opening is too small to fit a decent box in. Was considering doing a back seat delete where it seals off the cabin from the trunk and doing a large box in place of where the seat was and secure it of course. I don't need a back seat. But do need a trunk for quick trips to the store and for my gym bag ect. (have another car for road trips and surf like that) Before anybody says just wall it off, I DONT WANT TO WALL IT OFF! Is there a disadvantage to doing 2 15s in the back seat? What would be the best design? Port up or forward? Aero ports? Without music, life would be an error
hdorre Posted May 11, 2015 Report Posted May 11, 2015 Before anybody says just wall it off, I DONT WANT TO WALL IT OFF! You will. I considered a back seat box too.. and then... On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
TrunkMuzik Posted May 11, 2015 Author Report Posted May 11, 2015 I wont. Trust me lol I'll buy something specifically to wall off before I do it to my daily Without music, life would be an error
Bump4life Posted May 11, 2015 Report Posted May 11, 2015 if you are building a box in the back seat. i bet you will struggle to fit a good box for 2 15s without walling. how much space in cubic feet do you htink you have below the window line? why wouldnt you wall it? weight wont be much different. only thing you lose is sight out rear windown. if thats an issue then make the front and back plexi windows!! you would want everything up probably. or subs forward port up if just doing a back seat box. Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/ MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136 MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/ My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 BMW M340 xDrive Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4... Best Scores out of a trunk 153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz 154+ windows down, 155+ kick
TrunkMuzik Posted May 11, 2015 Author Report Posted May 11, 2015 Yeah, I want to keep most of the back window open. Roughly 12 cubes Without music, life would be an error
TrunkMuzik Posted May 11, 2015 Author Report Posted May 11, 2015 And I was looking at X15s. Would need 9 cubes for a pair Without music, life would be an error
_paralyzed_ Posted May 11, 2015 Report Posted May 11, 2015 No one can say which orientation of the subs or port placement would be best, as no one has done it and experimented with an spl meter to see what was best. Every vehicle is different.I would just place them in whatever direction allows them to fit. Two 15"s in that small cabin are going to pound in any direction.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.