RooTxBeeR Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 Wire them up like the diagram shows, them put a DMM to each of the subs terminals to make sure they are all seeing the same resistance. That picture from crutchfield looks weird. Edit: I never use crutchfield but 12volt is showing that that sub config can only be wired as displayed above or as a 12ohm load. I don't know what the fuck crutchfield is trying to show in that picture. Edit2: Where the fuck did you even find that on crutchfield. I can't even get that set up. Edit3: that link isn't from crutchfield. What dummy site did you fall into? On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
gwillie23 Posted May 12, 2015 Author Report Posted May 12, 2015 the orginal pic was from crutchfield forum ive never seen subs wired like that so i figured i asked u guys ... thanks for the help
RooTxBeeR Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 Well I want to know where that link came from. Because it's a link through a link from another site. And if you break it down. That picture don't even exist anymore on crutshfield. Probably a reason behind that. Don't use it. These are your options. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
gwillie23 Posted May 12, 2015 Author Report Posted May 12, 2015 http://community.crutchfield.com/car_audio_and_video/f/8/subwoofers/t/2277/anybody-got-pioneers-wiring here sthe link rootxbeer didnt make sence to me either
RooTxBeeR Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 Looks like a bunch of idiots on there. The only reason to buy crutchfield, is because they have some of the best customer service when it comes to their site. If you call them without knowing anything, they can help you out greatly. And like I said, Call them. I would never take information from their forum, especially after seeing that. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
gwillie23 Posted May 12, 2015 Author Report Posted May 12, 2015 i agree.. i stumbled apon that searching for something else and i figured i ask on here since ive never seen that configuration before but thanks for the help
RooTxBeeR Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 No problem On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
reedal Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 No, they will not get equal power. You guys who said they do need to look closer. Subs 1 and 2 will get the half the power as subs 3. Subs 1 & 2 are wired in series to the amp and sub 3 is not. I didn't even catch that when I looked. My bad. Attention to detail. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.