Jump to content

Pioneer avh-x4500bt clipping on screen and sound


Recommended Posts

Posted

well my problem seems to happen more often when I am using the ipod. it sounds and looks like it's shorting a ground but I have replaced the ground with a good known one. I have a video on my phone but I don't know how to post it. help please

Posted

What ground did you replace? Does it happen when you turn the volume up? Also, are you using the ipod plug on the pioneer or is it streaming? I don't know if I could help, but you should explain some more of how you got the ipod hooked up and whether or not it does happen on the other radio functions.

Posted

ipod is through the cable from Pioneer. happens when I turn up the volume, and happens very little in other modes. mainly in the ipod. I've switched a ipod cords and that doesn't help. I moved the radio ground to a chassis ground. plus i am still running bose

Posted

What does "clipping on screen and sound" mean? Maybe we're (I'm) just not understanding what's happening here.

Are you just getting distortion through your speakers when you turn the volume up? And it does this on all sources while at the same volume level? Also be aware that you can set the EQ and SLA differently for different sources. So make sure you're comparing apples to apples here. Maybe the EQ is set aggressively for iPod and not so much for tuner, for example.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png
Posted

I had to reset my iPod a couple days ago because I couldn't control songs with the head unit anymore but could pick songs directly from the iPod. Reset the iPod and everything was back to normal.

  • 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1120 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...