Second Skin Audio

6 12'' Subs

see that design is only producing alot of air and not bass i mean its loud but there is so much more!!! i was told from this cat who is the neighbor hood beat master to channel it leading to one port other than just having one big port!

Look at meade's box. It's just one big port. And there's NOBODY going to argue it doesn't get down.

Essentially you're just creating pressure inside a box, and it goes out through the port. It can make a slight difference on a meter if you 'channel' the air into the port but really there isn't 'so much more'.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Look at meade's box. It's just one big port. And there's NOBODY going to argue it doesn't get down.

Essentially you're just creating pressure inside a box, and it goes out through the port. It can make a slight difference on a meter if you 'channel' the air into the port but really there isn't 'so much more'.

HUMMMM!!! but look at what he's got

6 12's will get loud regardless. :wacko::rolleyes:

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Here's an example.

We had 2 12's in a box with a 6" Aeroport between them. The inside of the box was very plain and boring and square.

We got a number with it.

Then we made the inside of the box all crazy and rounded and 'channeled' the air into the port

We lost 2dB.

As you can see, 'channeling' the air isn't super-critical, in fact sometimes it will lose you dB.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

lost a whole 2 db? or 0.2db?

I dunno if I can believe that 100%

That is more realistic in ported boxes, but there are other box designs where channeling is alot more benifitial over any other design- Transmission lines for example, aerodynamics is KEY

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

you might not be gettng enough back preasure. That looks like a common SPL box from back in the day. True Steve's box design is similiar but I bet Steve's port is way smaller. If you want to do trial and erros I'd say either cover or remove that port side of the box and put in two 4" flared ports between the 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd pair of woofers firing backwards. Start off with the full length that comes with the flared port kits and go from there. just my .02

ok so i'm guessing i need to make my port a little smaller

basically maybe. the flared ports do two things. makes it smaller and channels the air flow. its called the venturi affect (i might be wrong). there are noticable gains SPL wise with them. I've use them in a few of my boxes and if you tune them low they are nice to work with. heres a link:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&a...in&desc=ASC

you can make an adjustable port like Steve. I don't think Steve has really used it that much since he build it though. LOL.

again brotha thats my recommendation if you wanna get a little louder and lower. not sure if thats gonna work but, it has for us.

Edited by Team Bassick - Kimo