Sundown Audio

Alpine mrx-m240 shutting off

Jordan Thurston

Hey guys I just got my alpine mrx-m240 back from alpine swapped my alpine mrp-m2000 for it the m2000 was cutting out at high volumes so I sent it in ended up having thermal damage they couldn't fix it so I upgraded to the m240 still having the same problem. I think it is voltage related I can turn it up pretty loud without it cutting out but it will still cut out on some bass notes seems to be lower notes doing it.when I say cut out I mean it just stops putting out any sound it still is on but no power to the subs I have the stock 120 amp alternator agm under the hood and 2 smaller agms in the back I don't think the 2 smaller agms are doing much. What I'm wondering is Would just getting a xs power d3400 stop this voltage drop issue or do I need a high output alternator to ?

What ohm load is the amp wired at?

You said that both amps where doing the same thing?

Really 2000-2500 watts is not to hard to support with minimal electrical upgrades.

I would go through all your power and ground wires making sure all connections to the batteries are tight, make sure any fuses are tight, make sure you have a good ground to bare metal.

Id also make sure your gain is properly set as well.

I told you multiple times in the last thread that it is a voltage issue. These amps are really inefficient. Consider a high output alternator or bigger battery reserve.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Archived