New, Different Organized Competition

So is this just a NYC thing? Why not push a national or international organization that has established rules and so on. USAC, IASCA, DB DRAG have done drastic changes to their formats over the past 10 years so that systems builds are back to what they are suppose to be about "Playing Music".

It appears that what your trying to accomplish. Some how judge those systems by how loud they are on music as well as how loud they are. To avoid confrontations judging one vehicle at a time is going to be your best bet. Using a Meter is also gonna give you the best result as there is no personal bias opinion. Meter using two different readings.

Sweep the vehicle and record the highest SPL.

Then have them play music for 30 seconds and record their average SPL.

If the Sweep SPL is louder than the Music SPL. Than the Sweep SPL is there score.

Now if the Music SPL is louder than that is their score.

All ties have to repeat their high scores. If tie again, they have to repeat their second score again. If they get louder they lose if they don't hit the same number they lose.

I DIDN'T PUT TOO MUCH THOUGHT INTO THIS BUT, JUST AN IDEA. I'M A DB DRAG COMPETITOR AND I DONT INTEND ON CHANGING OR ANYTHING AND I'M HAPPY WITH OUR FORMAT. IF NYC WOULD LIKE TO JUMP INTO ONE OF THE ESTABLSIHED ORGANIZATIONS WOULD BE THE BEST FOR EVERYONE.

I understand how ya'll do it there but letting the crowd determine the winner will come down to who has more friends in the crowd rather than who is really the loudest. I say you place the meter outside center between the two facing vehicles and see who louder. The only way to keep it strictly about the music is to use a meter rather than "popularity".

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

I understand how ya'll do it there but letting the crowd determine the winner will come down to who has more friends in the crowd rather than who is really the loudest. I say you place the meter outside center between the two facing vehicles and see who louder. The only way to keep it strictly about the music is to use a meter rather than "popularity".

that's a thought but how to judge it with the vocals as well (clarity)?

Beast, You know How I feel on it. Love Style number 1. Vocals, Bass and Overall. Then the meter. Its a standard in my opinion. No way of getting around who can hit a higher number on the meter and what not. Think it should be a burp/tone whatevery your prefer and a 30 second music session on the meter.

i love the fact that you put no distortion, but good luck with that.

80 percent of these guys overkill their vocals and you start hearing the shitty distortion. They are going to have to either learn how to control the vocals at the amps rms power or get better amps. They have ex. (4) 6.5 hooked up to 300 watt amps and it sound like shit.

80 percent of these guys overkill their vocals and you start hearing the shitty distortion. They are going to have to either learn how to control the vocals at the amps rms power or get better amps. They have ex. (4) 6.5 hooked up to 300 watt amps and it sound like shit.

thats less speakers than some guys here have on one amp. i saw a dude in canton, ohio with 27 6.5's on a mono block amp. he and his cheerleader swore up and down that no one in the world has louder vocals. i said probably not but everyone in the world had clearing and better sounding vocals. i cant stand when retards have there vocals so loud they distort and you hear that over the music

----reference's----

meade916

thats less speakers than some guys here have on one amp. i saw a dude in canton, ohio with 27 6.5's on a mono block amp. he and his cheerleader swore up and down that no one in the world has louder vocals. i said probably not but everyone in the world had clearing and better sounding vocals. i cant stand when retards have there vocals so loud they distort and you hear that over the music

A monoblock amp, how the hell did he get any vocals out of them? monos block out the fullrange